Plans submitted by the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity for a helicopter base in Almondsbury have been approved. It’s been a long struggle for the campaign, after the local residents argued against it. As reported by Gazette Series, they were concerned over the noise pollution, disturbances due to night flights and the environmental concern of building over a green belt.
The proposal had actually been denied when the residents explained how a noise monitoring condition had not been enforced and that no investigation was conducted on the impact the new base would have on the environment of the green belt.
In order to compromise now that the plans have been approved, they will have a liaison group to monitor development and noise monitoring equipment installed. The new base will include a hangar, a Met Office weather station, a grass take off area, parking and a new access road.
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- Hamilton Sundstrand Awarded $17M Contract for Helicopter Flight Control Computers
- Helijet Announces Results of the Special Meeting
- Bristow Provides Update on Status of SEC Filings
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- Leonardo and PWNE add AW189 simulator to Service Agreement in Malaysia
- Alpha Aviation Purchases Anchorage Helicopter Tours
- HeliOffshore Helideck Work Group Reports on Top Five Safety Events
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $7M Contract for V-22 Modification
- Raytheon testing AI to improve CV-22 maintenance planning
- FleckDecks Awarded $17M Contract for V-22 and MV-22 Procurement
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Recognize The Best of Vertical Aviation
- Akagera Aviation celebrates a decade of successful operations in Rwanda
- Airbus and Safran team-up for greener vertical flight
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support