CPI Aerostructures, Inc. (“CPI Aero®”) (NYSE MKT: CVU) today announced that Carey E. Bond, former corporate president at Sikorsky Aircraft, a Lockheed Martin Company, has been appointed to the company’s board of directors, effective immediately. Mr. Bond brings more than three decades of experience in corporate development, strategic planning and international business development in complex aviation organizations. Mr. Bond’s appointment expands the board to eight directors.
“A strategist with a strong operations background, Carey adds vast industry knowledge and business acumen that complements our board’s expertise and experience,” said Eric Rosenfeld, Chairman of CPI Aero. “I am thrilled to welcome him to the board and I look forward to working with him.”
Mr. Bond’s career spans over 30 years in the aviation industry, spending 10 years at Sikorsky Aircraft until his retirement in 2015. During his tenure at Sikorsky, he served in various capacities, most recently as President of the Commercial Systems & Services division. Mr. Bond also served as Chief Marketing Officer for Sikorsky from 2008 to 2010 and as Vice President of Corporate Strategy from 2005 to 2008. He has previously served on the boards of privately-held PZL Mielec Aircraft Company, Shanghai Sikorsky Aircraft Company and New Eclipse Aerospace. Mr. Bond received a Master of Business Administration from Texas Christian University.
The company also announced that Kenneth McSweeney, a director since 1998, plans to retire at the end of his term at the company’s next annual meeting. At that time, the number of directors will return to seven.
Mr. Rosenfeld added, “Ken has been a valuable member of the board for more than 18 years and the board and I are thankful and appreciative of the role he has played in the company’s growth and success.
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey