Vector Aerospace, a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has received European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval for its new ADS-B solution, which is applicable for installation on the Airbus Helicopters AS332, Leonardo Helicopters AW139 and Sikorsky S-76 series of helicopters. Vector’s retrofittable ADS-B solution has already received STC approved from the national airworthiness authorities of the USA (FAA), Brazil (ANAC) and Mexico (DGAC).
This new ADS-B In/Out retrofit upgrade features an intuitive, panel-mounted touch screen transponder which replaces the aircraft’s existing transponder. Should console or cockpit space be a challenge, Vector also offers a remotely mounted transceiver with a compact cockpit control head.
With 1090 MHz and Mode S extended squitter, the L-3 Lynx Multilink Surveillance System (MSS) unit provides ADS-B traffic and weather data, as well as airport database, NOTAMS and TFRS. Other capabilities include a MFD/PFD interface and optional Wi-Fi for personal electronic devices (PEDS) integration.
Installation of this ADS-B retrofit can be undertaken easily, with the associated aircraft downtime ranging from one day for simple configurations to a maximum of two days for more complex work.
“Receipt of EASA certification approval for this ADS-B retrofit upgrade broadens our ability to offer this unique solution to customers across the globe,” said Elvis Moniz, Vice President, Business Development – Airframe & Avionics Solutions at Vector Aerospace. “This upgrade has generated significant customer interest in recent months, and we are actively supplying ADS-B kits and installation support to operators globally as the ADS-B regulatory compliance mandate date draws closer. To date, Vector has installed nearly 500 ADS-B systems in a variety of aircraft types, and we are continuing to work on new ways to offer our customers cost-effective solutions that are technically sound, well documented and well supported.”
Vector Aerospace offers over 35 modern STCs for the Airbus Helicopters AS332 L/L1 and H125/AS350, Bell Helicopter 206, 212, 412, UH-1H, 427 and 430, Leonardo Helicopters AW139, and Sikorsky S-76 and S-61 series helicopters. Vector is currently in the process of finalizing FAA STC approval for a retrofittable AS350/EC130 series crash resistant fuel tank developed in cooperation with Robertson Fuel Systems.
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team
- LCI Helicopters closes new $75M financing from CaixaBank
- Mi-38 successfully passed testing in extreme conditions
- The high altitude flight campaign of the new H145 starts in Chile
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and head of North America region appointments
- Sikorsky Awarded $22M Contract for CH-53K Support