Vector Aerospace, a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has received European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval for its new ADS-B solution, which is applicable for installation on the Airbus Helicopters AS332, Leonardo Helicopters AW139 and Sikorsky S-76 series of helicopters. Vector’s retrofittable ADS-B solution has already received STC approved from the national airworthiness authorities of the USA (FAA), Brazil (ANAC) and Mexico (DGAC).
This new ADS-B In/Out retrofit upgrade features an intuitive, panel-mounted touch screen transponder which replaces the aircraft’s existing transponder. Should console or cockpit space be a challenge, Vector also offers a remotely mounted transceiver with a compact cockpit control head.
With 1090 MHz and Mode S extended squitter, the L-3 Lynx Multilink Surveillance System (MSS) unit provides ADS-B traffic and weather data, as well as airport database, NOTAMS and TFRS. Other capabilities include a MFD/PFD interface and optional Wi-Fi for personal electronic devices (PEDS) integration.
Installation of this ADS-B retrofit can be undertaken easily, with the associated aircraft downtime ranging from one day for simple configurations to a maximum of two days for more complex work.
“Receipt of EASA certification approval for this ADS-B retrofit upgrade broadens our ability to offer this unique solution to customers across the globe,” said Elvis Moniz, Vice President, Business Development – Airframe & Avionics Solutions at Vector Aerospace. “This upgrade has generated significant customer interest in recent months, and we are actively supplying ADS-B kits and installation support to operators globally as the ADS-B regulatory compliance mandate date draws closer. To date, Vector has installed nearly 500 ADS-B systems in a variety of aircraft types, and we are continuing to work on new ways to offer our customers cost-effective solutions that are technically sound, well documented and well supported.”
Vector Aerospace offers over 35 modern STCs for the Airbus Helicopters AS332 L/L1 and H125/AS350, Bell Helicopter 206, 212, 412, UH-1H, 427 and 430, Leonardo Helicopters AW139, and Sikorsky S-76 and S-61 series helicopters. Vector is currently in the process of finalizing FAA STC approval for a retrofittable AS350/EC130 series crash resistant fuel tank developed in cooperation with Robertson Fuel Systems.
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification