Vector Aerospace, a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has received European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval for its new ADS-B solution, which is applicable for installation on the Airbus Helicopters AS332, Leonardo Helicopters AW139 and Sikorsky S-76 series of helicopters. Vector’s retrofittable ADS-B solution has already received STC approved from the national airworthiness authorities of the USA (FAA), Brazil (ANAC) and Mexico (DGAC).
This new ADS-B In/Out retrofit upgrade features an intuitive, panel-mounted touch screen transponder which replaces the aircraft’s existing transponder. Should console or cockpit space be a challenge, Vector also offers a remotely mounted transceiver with a compact cockpit control head.
With 1090 MHz and Mode S extended squitter, the L-3 Lynx Multilink Surveillance System (MSS) unit provides ADS-B traffic and weather data, as well as airport database, NOTAMS and TFRS. Other capabilities include a MFD/PFD interface and optional Wi-Fi for personal electronic devices (PEDS) integration.
Installation of this ADS-B retrofit can be undertaken easily, with the associated aircraft downtime ranging from one day for simple configurations to a maximum of two days for more complex work.
“Receipt of EASA certification approval for this ADS-B retrofit upgrade broadens our ability to offer this unique solution to customers across the globe,” said Elvis Moniz, Vice President, Business Development – Airframe & Avionics Solutions at Vector Aerospace. “This upgrade has generated significant customer interest in recent months, and we are actively supplying ADS-B kits and installation support to operators globally as the ADS-B regulatory compliance mandate date draws closer. To date, Vector has installed nearly 500 ADS-B systems in a variety of aircraft types, and we are continuing to work on new ways to offer our customers cost-effective solutions that are technically sound, well documented and well supported.”
Vector Aerospace offers over 35 modern STCs for the Airbus Helicopters AS332 L/L1 and H125/AS350, Bell Helicopter 206, 212, 412, UH-1H, 427 and 430, Leonardo Helicopters AW139, and Sikorsky S-76 and S-61 series helicopters. Vector is currently in the process of finalizing FAA STC approval for a retrofittable AS350/EC130 series crash resistant fuel tank developed in cooperation with Robertson Fuel Systems.
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted