Vector Aerospace, a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has received European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval for its new ADS-B solution, which is applicable for installation on the Airbus Helicopters AS332, Leonardo Helicopters AW139 and Sikorsky S-76 series of helicopters. Vector’s retrofittable ADS-B solution has already received STC approved from the national airworthiness authorities of the USA (FAA), Brazil (ANAC) and Mexico (DGAC).
This new ADS-B In/Out retrofit upgrade features an intuitive, panel-mounted touch screen transponder which replaces the aircraft’s existing transponder. Should console or cockpit space be a challenge, Vector also offers a remotely mounted transceiver with a compact cockpit control head.
With 1090 MHz and Mode S extended squitter, the L-3 Lynx Multilink Surveillance System (MSS) unit provides ADS-B traffic and weather data, as well as airport database, NOTAMS and TFRS. Other capabilities include a MFD/PFD interface and optional Wi-Fi for personal electronic devices (PEDS) integration.
Installation of this ADS-B retrofit can be undertaken easily, with the associated aircraft downtime ranging from one day for simple configurations to a maximum of two days for more complex work.
“Receipt of EASA certification approval for this ADS-B retrofit upgrade broadens our ability to offer this unique solution to customers across the globe,” said Elvis Moniz, Vice President, Business Development – Airframe & Avionics Solutions at Vector Aerospace. “This upgrade has generated significant customer interest in recent months, and we are actively supplying ADS-B kits and installation support to operators globally as the ADS-B regulatory compliance mandate date draws closer. To date, Vector has installed nearly 500 ADS-B systems in a variety of aircraft types, and we are continuing to work on new ways to offer our customers cost-effective solutions that are technically sound, well documented and well supported.”
Vector Aerospace offers over 35 modern STCs for the Airbus Helicopters AS332 L/L1 and H125/AS350, Bell Helicopter 206, 212, 412, UH-1H, 427 and 430, Leonardo Helicopters AW139, and Sikorsky S-76 and S-61 series helicopters. Vector is currently in the process of finalizing FAA STC approval for a retrofittable AS350/EC130 series crash resistant fuel tank developed in cooperation with Robertson Fuel Systems.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO