Vector Aerospace, a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has received European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval for its new ADS-B solution, which is applicable for installation on the Airbus Helicopters AS332, Leonardo Helicopters AW139 and Sikorsky S-76 series of helicopters. Vector’s retrofittable ADS-B solution has already received STC approved from the national airworthiness authorities of the USA (FAA), Brazil (ANAC) and Mexico (DGAC).
This new ADS-B In/Out retrofit upgrade features an intuitive, panel-mounted touch screen transponder which replaces the aircraft’s existing transponder. Should console or cockpit space be a challenge, Vector also offers a remotely mounted transceiver with a compact cockpit control head.
With 1090 MHz and Mode S extended squitter, the L-3 Lynx Multilink Surveillance System (MSS) unit provides ADS-B traffic and weather data, as well as airport database, NOTAMS and TFRS. Other capabilities include a MFD/PFD interface and optional Wi-Fi for personal electronic devices (PEDS) integration.
Installation of this ADS-B retrofit can be undertaken easily, with the associated aircraft downtime ranging from one day for simple configurations to a maximum of two days for more complex work.
“Receipt of EASA certification approval for this ADS-B retrofit upgrade broadens our ability to offer this unique solution to customers across the globe,” said Elvis Moniz, Vice President, Business Development – Airframe & Avionics Solutions at Vector Aerospace. “This upgrade has generated significant customer interest in recent months, and we are actively supplying ADS-B kits and installation support to operators globally as the ADS-B regulatory compliance mandate date draws closer. To date, Vector has installed nearly 500 ADS-B systems in a variety of aircraft types, and we are continuing to work on new ways to offer our customers cost-effective solutions that are technically sound, well documented and well supported.”
Vector Aerospace offers over 35 modern STCs for the Airbus Helicopters AS332 L/L1 and H125/AS350, Bell Helicopter 206, 212, 412, UH-1H, 427 and 430, Leonardo Helicopters AW139, and Sikorsky S-76 and S-61 series helicopters. Vector is currently in the process of finalizing FAA STC approval for a retrofittable AS350/EC130 series crash resistant fuel tank developed in cooperation with Robertson Fuel Systems.
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International
- Airinmar selected by Air Methods for warranty and value engineering services
- Former HAI chairman Wisecup passes away
- AAMS issue statement on HHS report on surprise medical billing
- Wilson Construction upgrades MD500E to MD530F standard
- Transport Canada Approve HTC metal blades for Bell 204, 205 and UH-1
- Nigerian union pickets Bristow Helicopters
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Mi-8AMT to Vityaz-Aero
- EHang 216 Obtained Special Flight Operations Certificate from TCCA
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK