Vector Aerospace, a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has received European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval for its new ADS-B solution, which is applicable for installation on the Airbus Helicopters AS332, Leonardo Helicopters AW139 and Sikorsky S-76 series of helicopters. Vector’s retrofittable ADS-B solution has already received STC approved from the national airworthiness authorities of the USA (FAA), Brazil (ANAC) and Mexico (DGAC).
This new ADS-B In/Out retrofit upgrade features an intuitive, panel-mounted touch screen transponder which replaces the aircraft’s existing transponder. Should console or cockpit space be a challenge, Vector also offers a remotely mounted transceiver with a compact cockpit control head.
With 1090 MHz and Mode S extended squitter, the L-3 Lynx Multilink Surveillance System (MSS) unit provides ADS-B traffic and weather data, as well as airport database, NOTAMS and TFRS. Other capabilities include a MFD/PFD interface and optional Wi-Fi for personal electronic devices (PEDS) integration.
Installation of this ADS-B retrofit can be undertaken easily, with the associated aircraft downtime ranging from one day for simple configurations to a maximum of two days for more complex work.
“Receipt of EASA certification approval for this ADS-B retrofit upgrade broadens our ability to offer this unique solution to customers across the globe,” said Elvis Moniz, Vice President, Business Development – Airframe & Avionics Solutions at Vector Aerospace. “This upgrade has generated significant customer interest in recent months, and we are actively supplying ADS-B kits and installation support to operators globally as the ADS-B regulatory compliance mandate date draws closer. To date, Vector has installed nearly 500 ADS-B systems in a variety of aircraft types, and we are continuing to work on new ways to offer our customers cost-effective solutions that are technically sound, well documented and well supported.”
Vector Aerospace offers over 35 modern STCs for the Airbus Helicopters AS332 L/L1 and H125/AS350, Bell Helicopter 206, 212, 412, UH-1H, 427 and 430, Leonardo Helicopters AW139, and Sikorsky S-76 and S-61 series helicopters. Vector is currently in the process of finalizing FAA STC approval for a retrofittable AS350/EC130 series crash resistant fuel tank developed in cooperation with Robertson Fuel Systems.
- Nepalese operators facing pilot shortage
- Sierra Nevada Awarded $75M Contract for HH-60G DVES Installations
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- FlightSafety announces new President & CEO
- TracPlus and IQonboard collaborate
- Northern Escape Heli Skiing Announces investment
- MALS-39 Marine recognized for contributions to maintenance readiness
- 22 countries sign new European Defence Agency cross-border agreement
- STARS announces first all-female lineup for 2019 Rescue in the Rockies
- FAA Announces Safety Rating for Costa Rica
- Speedwings expands helicopter ops with BHS and DC Aviation
- Latest ACH160 order underlines market confidence in new model
- Sikorsky HH-60W Achieves First Flight
- CHC pilots accept 9.27% pay rise
- Helicopter now stationed at Scotland Memorial Hospital
- Safran Helicopter Engines Partners with Citicopter in Russia
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement
- Rusada joins the European Helicopter Association
- Airbus Helicopters showed H135 at HeliRussia
- Magpas Air Ambulance CEO appointed to the Board of the Association of Air Ambulances