The team at HeliHub.com would like to wish all our readers a very Happy Christmas and a prosperous 2017. This is the time of the year we celebrate the birth of Christ Jesus, and we reflect on what that means to us and how it should direct the lives we live. We trust many of our readers will also take time to consider what that means to the world, perhaps through attending a church service, rather than trying to beat their previous record for the amount of food and alcohol they can consume.
We have been very encouraged this Christmas season by all sorts of things – but a university carol service stands out in particular. You’d be right in thinking we are not students, but we do have children who are. We will let the numbers speak for themselves…. last year’s event attracted 175 students and this year the organising group in faith booked a venue which seated 800, and they had 50 standing….
Political Correctness has been trying mush everything down to “Happy Holidays” – and if you’ve sent cards like that, shame on you! Just stop and think how the holiday got there in the first place. HeliHub.com celebrates Christmas, not Holidays. Without Christ we would not have Christmas (that’s easy logic, right?). And while we have our soap box out, it’s Christmas not Xmas. No need to cross-out Christ….
The HeliHub.com team is now taking a break, and we will restart posting news ready for the first email headlines on Tuesday 3rd January. Information on how to subscribe to a single news email summary can be found here – and if you focus on offshore, EMS or law enforcement operations, there’s a newsletter designed for you so you only get the pertinent information for your sector of our industry
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama