The team at HeliHub.com would like to wish all our readers a very Happy Christmas and a prosperous 2017. This is the time of the year we celebrate the birth of Christ Jesus, and we reflect on what that means to us and how it should direct the lives we live. We trust many of our readers will also take time to consider what that means to the world, perhaps through attending a church service, rather than trying to beat their previous record for the amount of food and alcohol they can consume.
We have been very encouraged this Christmas season by all sorts of things – but a university carol service stands out in particular. You’d be right in thinking we are not students, but we do have children who are. We will let the numbers speak for themselves…. last year’s event attracted 175 students and this year the organising group in faith booked a venue which seated 800, and they had 50 standing….
Political Correctness has been trying mush everything down to “Happy Holidays” – and if you’ve sent cards like that, shame on you! Just stop and think how the holiday got there in the first place. HeliHub.com celebrates Christmas, not Holidays. Without Christ we would not have Christmas (that’s easy logic, right?). And while we have our soap box out, it’s Christmas not Xmas. No need to cross-out Christ….
The HeliHub.com team is now taking a break, and we will restart posting news ready for the first email headlines on Tuesday 3rd January. Information on how to subscribe to a single news email summary can be found here – and if you focus on offshore, EMS or law enforcement operations, there’s a newsletter designed for you so you only get the pertinent information for your sector of our industry
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19
- HAI Urges Caution Re FAA Announcement for Airmen Medical Certificates
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135