With the signing of these agreements, KONGSBERG will provide the MRO of dynamic components for a fleet of over 100 designated helicopters flying in Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Canada.
Leonardo Helicopters (formerly AgustaWestland) and KONGSBERG have maintained a solid business relationship for more than 30 years. The extended co-operation confirmed by the signing of today’s agreements represent potential revenues of about EUR 300 million over the next 30 years for KONGSBERG.
Key elements of the agreements are related to the establishment of advanced test equipment, including a Multi-Purpose Test Bench, which will enable full functional testing of gear boxes for different helicopter types at KONGSBERG’s facilities in Norway.
In December 2013, Leonardo signed a contract with the Norwegian Ministry of Justice and Public Security for the supply of 16 (plus an option for 6 more) AW101 search and rescue helicopters (SAR).
“We are excited that we can grow our helicopter MRO business together with Leonardo as a valued partner and that we now will establish extensive gear box testing capabilities at KONGSBERG for Norway and international customers”, says Terje Bråthen, Executive Vice President Aerostructures, Kongsberg Defence Systems.
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role
- Aspen Avionics’ Evolution E5 Receives STC
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- Ornge AW139s to receive new stretcher system
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden