Héli-Union received an Appreciation Certificate to acknowledge its safe and efficient services for Woodside’s initial exploration campaign in Myanmar. The certificate was presented by Woodside’s Company Representative to Héli-Union in February 2016, with a presence of an Airbus helicopter delegate.
The campaign remarks Myanmar’s first offshore operation utilising H225 (formally known as the EC225). The aircraft, operated by Héli-Union, was used for a long range crew change operation that lasted for 3 months. The main mission of the contract was for personnel transportation from Yangoon Myanmar facility to Woodside’s AD-7 and A-6 blocks with the furthest distance travelled up to 300Nm per trip.
Héli-Union also provided the first ever LIMSAR service in Myanmar throughout the exploration campaign with its AW139 helicopter, equipped with a capable external rescue hoist. Just last year, Héli-Union announced its partnership with Priority 1 in launching commercially based offshore helicopter Search and Rescue (SAR) services for oil and gas companies. The service focuses on critical emergency response and support high demanding operations. This enables Héli-Union to offer an improved and comprehensive service to its clients worldwide.
Heli-Union’s history in Myanmar dates back to the 1980s when Héli-Union first entered the growing market for a seismic operation with a Puma helicopter. Héli-Union continued its activities in the country with an Alouette helicopter until 1992. In 2008, Héli-Union decided to return and strengthened its presence in South East Asia by establishing a dedicated office in Yangoon, Myanmar.
Today, Héli-Union continues to maintain a strong business presence in Myanmar. The company deploys several aircrafts in the country from AW139, H225 to S76 C++. Years of experience has given Héli-Union the ability to operate from any bases in Myanmar, as requested by the clients.
With contracts from international oil and gas providers, Heli-Union’s presence in the country grows continuously throughout the years. The company has excelled during 8 years of its full integration within the country and shall continue on providing the best, efficient and safe services for its clients.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee