Héli-Union and Turbomeca (Safran) announce the signature of a partnership contract for helicopter equipment distribution within the African market dedicated to Turbomeca’s engines, parts and tools.
The contract covers from classic engines up to MAKILA model. The distribution area focuses mainly on African countries such as Burkina-Faso, Gabon, Cameroon, Nigeria, Angola, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Congo, Togo and Senegal. The aim of this partnership is to develop the Safran’s distribution network and ensure a performant distribution service level.
Being present in the African market for almost 50 years, Héli-Union is a compatible choice for Turbomeca to expand its global reach.
Today, Héli-Union also serves international oil and gas companies for offshore personnel transportation through its bases in Congo, Gabon, Cameroon, Nigeria, Angola and Tanzania. The combination of Héli-Union’s strong presence together with Turbomeca’s expertise of the manufacture of equipment and subsystem for helicopter engines, allows both French companies to consolidate their value-added positions in Africa and to strengthen their relationship.
Héli-Union has been operating a large fleet of Turbomeca-powered rotorcraft, including AS 332, H225 and S76C series, which are used in offshore transportation missions. The two companies have been collaborating for more than 50 years and has built trusts on each other over these years. Héli-Union is looking forward to the successful growth of their mutual activities in this new market.
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years in the service of the Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts