East Prawle will have a helipad for the Devon Air Ambulance (DAA) to use thanks to the HELP appeal and local fundraising.
The Appeal donated £5,600 towards the East Prawle site, contributing to the £8,000 raised by the local community.
This donation means that more of the money raised by the Prowl Fair, private donations and Chivelstone Parish Council can by used for community services, such as local charities, community bus routes and events for the elderly.
Sean Jeffer, chair of Chivelstone Parish Council, said: “The helicopter night-landing site is of great important to the parish of Chivelstone and will help locals and tourists alike receive urgent medical treatment, especially at night.
“The generous donation from the HELP Appeal has allowed us to reallocate funds raised back to the local community and charities.”
There are currently 23 fully operational landing sites up and running, with more than 100 further night-landing sites in development.
DAA has been awarded a grant of £1m from Libor Banking Fund, which puts the charity in a position to offer grants to help towards the cost of installing floodlighting.
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska