Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, has won an international tender and signed a contract with Balochistan provincial government to supply a Mi-171 helicopter. The helicopter is expected to be delivered in the first part of this year.
The government of Balochistan will use its first Russian civilian Mi-171 for transporting passengers and cargo, sanitation tasks, patrolling and emergency response.
“Our victory in the tender is a natural indication that Russian helicopters are most suitable for use in this region. We expect that the Pakistani authorities will continue to increase the volume of deliveries of Russian rotorcraft in the future. There are preconditions for that already,” – said Russian Helicopters Deputy CEO for Marketing and Business Development Alexander Shcherbinin.
The Mi-17-type helicopter was chosen for Balochistan due to its proven reliability and efficiency in a wide variety of climates, ability to store without a hangar, ease of maintenance and operation in areas with limited development of ground infrastructure.
The Mi-17-type helicopters are produced at Russian Helicopters’ Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant and Kazan Helicopter Plant. As of 2014, more than 12 thousand units have been made, which is a world record for twin-engine helicopters. They were delivered to more than 100 countries and their total flight time totals about 100 million hours.
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- Edmonton Police take delivery of new Airbus H125
- South Korea certifies the VK-2500PS-03 engine for the Mi-171A2
- Wales Air Ambulance starts 24×7 ops
- DynCorp extends CalFire support contract
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters
- FAA approves five-blade Airbus H145
- EASA issues 3rd edition of Helicopter Flight Instructor Guide
- HAI determined that Heli-Expo 2021 will be live, not virtual
- MD Helicopters completes another MD500E conversion to MD530F
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- Brazil’s Federal Highway Police orders six AW119s
- Elbit win $96M Contract for a Rotary-Wing Mission Training Center
- Leonardo to add extra baggage pod to AW189
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal