The DART Aerospace EC130 Heli-Utility-Basket has been the only external cargo expansion option of its type since arriving on the market in 2010. When Air Zermatt, world-renowned alpine search and rescue operator and longtime DART customer acquired a H130 (EC130T2), they purchased the DART basket. CEO and pilot with Air Zermatt Gerold Biner described this product as “an indispensable tool for our versatile operation”. Since the initial certification flight tests for the basket were conducted on an EC130B4, Air Zermatt quickly found that their H130 was capable of more with the basket installed.
In November 2016, DART sent a team to Switzerland to retest the basket with Air Zermatt’s newer variant. “Our goal in going to Zermatt was to be able to offer our H130 customers reduced VNE (never exceed velocity) and hover performance penalties with one or two Heli-Utility-Baskets installed”, said David Shepherd DART VP of Certification. After 4 days of flight testing, the team was rewarded with a 200 kg reduction in hover performance penalty as well as a 25 kias increase to the VNE with the basket installed.
Gerold Biner who was on hand to support the flight testing described it as, “a great experience to work with the highly motivated and professional team from DART. They were customer focused and interested in creating a ‘win – win’ situation. We are very happy with the final results.”
“Air Zermatt is a world class organization”, said Shepherd, “DART is very appreciative to the staff at Air Zermatt for their support and professionalism during the performance of this flight test activity”.
The H130 Heli-Utility-Basket features the automatic locking handle and robust hinge system typical of DART baskets and is certified for installation on H130’s operated under the FAA, EASA, Transport Canada, the Russian IAC and Brazil’s ANAC.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO