The DART Aerospace EC130 Heli-Utility-Basket has been the only external cargo expansion option of its type since arriving on the market in 2010. When Air Zermatt, world-renowned alpine search and rescue operator and longtime DART customer acquired a H130 (EC130T2), they purchased the DART basket. CEO and pilot with Air Zermatt Gerold Biner described this product as “an indispensable tool for our versatile operation”. Since the initial certification flight tests for the basket were conducted on an EC130B4, Air Zermatt quickly found that their H130 was capable of more with the basket installed.
In November 2016, DART sent a team to Switzerland to retest the basket with Air Zermatt’s newer variant. “Our goal in going to Zermatt was to be able to offer our H130 customers reduced VNE (never exceed velocity) and hover performance penalties with one or two Heli-Utility-Baskets installed”, said David Shepherd DART VP of Certification. After 4 days of flight testing, the team was rewarded with a 200 kg reduction in hover performance penalty as well as a 25 kias increase to the VNE with the basket installed.
Gerold Biner who was on hand to support the flight testing described it as, “a great experience to work with the highly motivated and professional team from DART. They were customer focused and interested in creating a ‘win – win’ situation. We are very happy with the final results.”
“Air Zermatt is a world class organization”, said Shepherd, “DART is very appreciative to the staff at Air Zermatt for their support and professionalism during the performance of this flight test activity”.
The H130 Heli-Utility-Basket features the automatic locking handle and robust hinge system typical of DART baskets and is certified for installation on H130’s operated under the FAA, EASA, Transport Canada, the Russian IAC and Brazil’s ANAC.
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight