On December 23, 2016 R66 S/N 0763 became the 12,000th helicopter to roll off Robinson Helicopter’s production line. “A nice way to end the year,” said Robinson President, Kurt Robinson.
S/N 0763 will be delivered to Hover Dynamics, one of three long-time Robinson dealers in South Africa. The helicopter was purchased by a new charter and tour operator, Fly Karoo Air Services, operating in the area of Graaff-Reinet. According to Dean Feldman of Hover Dynamics, Fly Karoo chose the R66 because of its powerful turbine engine, quieter cabin, spacious baggage compartment, and low operating costs.
Robinson’s first two-place R22 was produced and delivered in 1979, the first four-place R44 in 1993 and the first five-place R66 in 2010. Robinson also offers a multitude of variants including the recently introduced R44 Cadet, a two-place helicopter specially configured for training.
Founded in 1973, Robinson Helicopter Company is the world’s leading manufacturer of civil helicopters. For additional information, visit www.robinsonheli.com
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- EASA STC for DART’s R66 Emergency Float System
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter
- Robinson Adds Avidyne IFD Option
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Transport Canada Approves R66 Cargo Hook
- Mornington-Sanford Aviation run world-first R66 Part 147 B2 Course
- FAA Approves Robinson R66 Cargo Hook
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Armenian Helicopters Certified to start Operations
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; Aircraft arrives Birgunj Custom
- Prabhu Helicopter adding two new Robinson R66 to its fleet
- Robinson Production Picked up Steam in 2017
- Donaldson to celebrate 9000th IBF delivery at HAI Heli-Expo
- Magellan Wire Strike Protection System™ Now Available for R66
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- Robinson to launch R66 hook at Heli-Expo
- Robinson adds wire strike system for R66