During an official ceremony held at the Marina Mall Helipad in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates) at the presence of H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, Falcon Aviation presented the world’s first offshore-configured new generation AW169 helicopter of Leonardo to the Oil & Gas community. “Falcon Aviation and TOTAL ABK are complying with the safety standards of the oil and gas industry. Safety is the number one priority for Falcon Aviation and TOTAL ABK, the use of the AW169 helicopter helps to maintain the high safety standards to which Falcon Aviation and TOTAL ABK operate”. His Highness Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan. Vice Chairman/ CEO of Falcon Aviation expressed.
Falcon Aviation is the first operator in UAE to use the new type and the first customer worldwide to operate the aircraft for offshore oil and gas transportation. This AW169 will now be used to support oil & gas operations in Abu Dhabi for TOTAL ABK. Falcon Aviation has placed orders for two AW169s, the second being in a VVIP transport configuration.
The introduction of the all new AW169 into their fleet expands the range of Leonardo helicopters operated by Falcon Aviation which already include four light twin helicopters, comprising the Grand and GrandNew models, and two all new AW189 8.6 tonne helicopters deployed for longer range, higher capacity duties. The AW169 and AW189 models, used by Falcon Aviation, are part of Leonardo’s family of new generation helicopters that also includes the AW139. These helicopters all possess the same high-performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach facilitates synergies for operators of fleets across the 4 to 9 tonne weight categories in areas such as training, flight operations, maintenance and support. The combination of AW169 and AW189 offshore gives Falcon Aviation and its customer’s unmatched benefits in terms of efficiency, capability and safety.
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters