During an official ceremony held at the Marina Mall Helipad in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates) at the presence of H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, Falcon Aviation presented the world’s first offshore-configured new generation AW169 helicopter of Leonardo to the Oil & Gas community. “Falcon Aviation and TOTAL ABK are complying with the safety standards of the oil and gas industry. Safety is the number one priority for Falcon Aviation and TOTAL ABK, the use of the AW169 helicopter helps to maintain the high safety standards to which Falcon Aviation and TOTAL ABK operate”. His Highness Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan. Vice Chairman/ CEO of Falcon Aviation expressed.
Falcon Aviation is the first operator in UAE to use the new type and the first customer worldwide to operate the aircraft for offshore oil and gas transportation. This AW169 will now be used to support oil & gas operations in Abu Dhabi for TOTAL ABK. Falcon Aviation has placed orders for two AW169s, the second being in a VVIP transport configuration.
The introduction of the all new AW169 into their fleet expands the range of Leonardo helicopters operated by Falcon Aviation which already include four light twin helicopters, comprising the Grand and GrandNew models, and two all new AW189 8.6 tonne helicopters deployed for longer range, higher capacity duties. The AW169 and AW189 models, used by Falcon Aviation, are part of Leonardo’s family of new generation helicopters that also includes the AW139. These helicopters all possess the same high-performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach facilitates synergies for operators of fleets across the 4 to 9 tonne weight categories in areas such as training, flight operations, maintenance and support. The combination of AW169 and AW189 offshore gives Falcon Aviation and its customer’s unmatched benefits in terms of efficiency, capability and safety.
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas