The NHV Group today announced a new contract with Ithaca Energy UK Ltd (Ithaca) to provide helicopter services in support of their upcoming drilling project at the Harrier Well in Block 30/6. The operations are expected to start Q2 2017. Flights will depart from NHV’s base in Aberdeen to the harrier well, which is approximately 150nm from Aberdeen.
NHV will support this project utilizing the state-of-the-art H175 aircraft, an Airbus Helicopter’s Super Medium type. The H175 is specifically designed to meet evolving mission needs in the oil and gas industry. Being the launching operator for this aircraft type, NHV’s H175s have accumulated extensive experience in the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Ghana and Denmark since 2014. NHV Group ultimately will increase its fleet to 16 of these new-generation helicopters.
NHV started operating out of Aberdeen at the beginning of 2016 and announced the opening of a new hangar, apron and passenger handling facilities last October. A third H175 helicopter will now be allocated to the Aberdeen base, allowing NHV to deliver a service which is tailored to the new customer’s requirements.
NHV’s base manager Jamie John commented: “The award of this contract and working with a new partner strengthens NHV’s presence in Aberdeen. We look forward to the beginning of what we believe will be a long and successful partnership with Ithaca”.
- CHC Completes First Flight for Neptune Energy
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- NHV win Siemens Gamesa wind farm contract with H175 at Aberdeen
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- NHV awarded contract by Dana Petroleum
- Pegaso returns to the H175 with new order
- Rotortrade reports 2017 results
- LCI expands CHC partnership with second H175
- Airbus reports on 2017 orders and deliveries
- Babcock introduces two H175s to the Southern Hemisphere
- CHC receives second H175 via LCI lease
- Airbus receives EASA Certification for Rig’N Fly for the H175
- NHV H175 fleet reaches 8,500 flights in 3 years
- Airbus and NHV celebrate three years flying H175s
- EASA certification for the Rig’N Fly
- Royal Thai Police becomes first H175 operator in Asia Pacific
- Milestone and Babcock celebrate lease fleet of 50
- CHC commences H175 revenue operations
- CHC signs HCare contract with Airbus for H175
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175