The NHV Group today announced a new contract with Ithaca Energy UK Ltd (Ithaca) to provide helicopter services in support of their upcoming drilling project at the Harrier Well in Block 30/6. The operations are expected to start Q2 2017. Flights will depart from NHV’s base in Aberdeen to the harrier well, which is approximately 150nm from Aberdeen.
NHV will support this project utilizing the state-of-the-art H175 aircraft, an Airbus Helicopter’s Super Medium type. The H175 is specifically designed to meet evolving mission needs in the oil and gas industry. Being the launching operator for this aircraft type, NHV’s H175s have accumulated extensive experience in the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Ghana and Denmark since 2014. NHV Group ultimately will increase its fleet to 16 of these new-generation helicopters.
NHV started operating out of Aberdeen at the beginning of 2016 and announced the opening of a new hangar, apron and passenger handling facilities last October. A third H175 helicopter will now be allocated to the Aberdeen base, allowing NHV to deliver a service which is tailored to the new customer’s requirements.
NHV’s base manager Jamie John commented: “The award of this contract and working with a new partner strengthens NHV’s presence in Aberdeen. We look forward to the beginning of what we believe will be a long and successful partnership with Ithaca”.
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate
- Airbus becomes first manufacturer to digitise paper logcards
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Full Flight Simulator upgraded
- NHV awarded contract from Premier Oil
- NHV gains 12th H175
- Airbus becomes first helicopter manufacturer to digitise paper logcards
- NHV H175 fleet exceeds 30000 flight hours
- CHC H175 to become first helicopter new digital logcards
- Babcock Australasia reports successful first year of H175 operations
- Chinese Ministry of Transport selects the H175 for SAR
- China picks Airbus H175 for SAR
- Babcock H175s return to Airbus for retrofit work
- CHC Completes First Flight for Neptune Energy
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- NHV win Siemens Gamesa wind farm contract with H175 at Aberdeen
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s