Babcock Mission Critical Services Offshore is preparing to return two AgustaWestland AW139 helicopters to lessor Era Helicopters. Registered G-PERA and G-PERB were imported to the UK in full Era colours in March 2011, and shortly after were repainted to the traditional red Bond Offshore Helicopters scheme – as the company was known at that time. After nearly six years of operation, they have now been repainted back into Era Helicopters colours in preparation for their return – something that Andy Puhala (Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at Era Group) confirmed to us at the Helicopter Investor conference in London yesterday. G-PERA is ready immediately and we understand that export from the UK is imminent. Babcock have indicated to us that G-PERB will follow a little later and they have in mind some further North Sea flights for it, although we note it has not done a rig flight since 11th December.
The pair were repainted at East Midlands Airport by Airbourne Colours, arriving there on 3rd and 4th January. The job was completed within two weeks and they were both ferried on completion to Norwich on 16th January for the final export paperwork and any de-configuration required to return the helicopters to their owner in the correct state.
The photo below of G-PERB arriving back at Norwich is © Copyright 2017 Kevin Hudson, and reproduced here with his permission
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139