The ownership of the UK distributor for the Guimbal Cabri G2 has changed following the introduction of a significant amount of capital by HeliGroup. This move is expected to lead to the sales and leasing of Cabri G2 helicopters moving up a gear, building on the existing success of the UK having the largest national fleet of the type across the world.
Previously fronted by Cotswold Helicopter Centre, the distributorship will continue in separate company European Helicopter Importers Ltd. Existing directors Oliver Heynes and Andy Moorhouse will continue in their roles, with HeliGroup owner Matt Munson joining the Board. HeliGroup is now the Guimbal distributor for the UK.
Cotswold Helicopter Centre’s training and charter operations at Kemble and Fairoaks continue unaffected by this development, with Cabri G2 training remaining the primary activity.
HeliGroup is a UK based operator providing helicopter training, charter, management and sales. The company provides solutions for all helicopter requirements and accommodates training for Private and Commercial Pilot Licences, as well as Flight Instructor and Instrument Ratings. The company fleet includes a new AW109SP, Airbus AS355s and Cabri G2 helicopters as well as a range of additional types.
Cotswold Helicopter Centre has been established over 10 years, operating at Kemble, and is well placed for Cheltenham, Gloucester, Bristol, Bath, Swindon and Oxford. It has a busy professional flight training school with a second base at Fairoaks, and is an AOC holder for charter work. The fleet consists of seven Guimbal G2 Cabri helicopters, one Robinson R44, an Airbus AS350B2 Squirrel and an Airbus AS355 Twin Squirrel.
- Guimbal introduces new updates for Cabri G2
- 21-Jan-20 N715RK Guimbal G2 Independence, US-Iowa
- 05-Dec-19 N797NA Guimbal G2 Washington, US-Missouri
- 04-May-19 N572MD Guimbal Cabri G2 Kent Island, US-Maryland (2F)
- 31-Jan-19 F-HRCR Guimbal G2 Pierrevert, France
- BC Helicopters to add second Guimbal Cabri G2
- Cabri G2 delivered by new UK distributor HeliGroup
- Guimbal appoints distributor in Canada
- UK distributor launches Guimbal Centre of Excellence
- BC Helicopters to be first Canadian operator of Guimbal Cabri G2
- UK Cabri G2 fleet is largest in the world
- Helicentre Cabri G2 Fleet Increases to Six
- New prototype on the ramp at Guimbal
- 30-Oct-16 ZK-IZR Guimbal Cabri G2 Tarras, New Zealand
- DCNS and Airbus join forces for French Naval drone requirement
- Latest British Cabri G2 is first with Aspen Avionics panel
- Two more Guimbal Cabri G2s arrive in US
- Cotswold launches Guimbal Cabri G2 ground handling trolley
- Helicentre Aviation opens Florida Cabri G2 operation
- UK – Elite Helicopters to open second base