The FAA’s annual General Aviation (GA) and Part 135 Activity Survey, which will collect data on GA operations in 2016, is underway. NBAA is encouraging members that have been invited to participate in the confidential poll to do so in order to provide the agency with a clear picture of business aviation activity.
The FAA’s annual GA Survey is the only source of information on the general aviation fleet, the number of hours flown, and the ways people use general aviation aircraft.
“This information helps determine funding for infrastructure and service needs and measures GA safety,” said Mark Larsen, CAM, NBAA’s senior manager of safety and flight operations. “The survey is also used to prepare safety statistics and calculate the rate of accidents among general aviation aircraft. The FAA needs member input to provide the most up-to-date stats available.”
Respondents may complete the survey online, or a survey form can be mailed along with a postage-paid envelope.
Other details to note about the survey:
- Data from this survey are used to calculate fatal accident rates for general aviation and Part 135 aircraft.
- Operators are encouraged to respond, even if they did not fly their aircraft during 2016, or the aircraft was sold or damaged.
- Responses are confidential. Tetra Tech is an independent research firm that conducts the GA Survey on behalf of the FAA. The information will be used only for statistical purposes and will not be published or released in any form that would reveal an individual participant.
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app