The FAA’s annual General Aviation (GA) and Part 135 Activity Survey, which will collect data on GA operations in 2016, is underway. NBAA is encouraging members that have been invited to participate in the confidential poll to do so in order to provide the agency with a clear picture of business aviation activity.
The FAA’s annual GA Survey is the only source of information on the general aviation fleet, the number of hours flown, and the ways people use general aviation aircraft.
“This information helps determine funding for infrastructure and service needs and measures GA safety,” said Mark Larsen, CAM, NBAA’s senior manager of safety and flight operations. “The survey is also used to prepare safety statistics and calculate the rate of accidents among general aviation aircraft. The FAA needs member input to provide the most up-to-date stats available.”
Respondents may complete the survey online, or a survey form can be mailed along with a postage-paid envelope.
Other details to note about the survey:
- Data from this survey are used to calculate fatal accident rates for general aviation and Part 135 aircraft.
- Operators are encouraged to respond, even if they did not fly their aircraft during 2016, or the aircraft was sold or damaged.
- Responses are confidential. Tetra Tech is an independent research firm that conducts the GA Survey on behalf of the FAA. The information will be used only for statistical purposes and will not be published or released in any form that would reveal an individual participant.
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”