The FAA’s annual General Aviation (GA) and Part 135 Activity Survey, which will collect data on GA operations in 2016, is underway. NBAA is encouraging members that have been invited to participate in the confidential poll to do so in order to provide the agency with a clear picture of business aviation activity.
The FAA’s annual GA Survey is the only source of information on the general aviation fleet, the number of hours flown, and the ways people use general aviation aircraft.
“This information helps determine funding for infrastructure and service needs and measures GA safety,” said Mark Larsen, CAM, NBAA’s senior manager of safety and flight operations. “The survey is also used to prepare safety statistics and calculate the rate of accidents among general aviation aircraft. The FAA needs member input to provide the most up-to-date stats available.”
Respondents may complete the survey online, or a survey form can be mailed along with a postage-paid envelope.
Other details to note about the survey:
- Data from this survey are used to calculate fatal accident rates for general aviation and Part 135 aircraft.
- Operators are encouraged to respond, even if they did not fly their aircraft during 2016, or the aircraft was sold or damaged.
- Responses are confidential. Tetra Tech is an independent research firm that conducts the GA Survey on behalf of the FAA. The information will be used only for statistical purposes and will not be published or released in any form that would reveal an individual participant.
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International
- Airinmar selected by Air Methods for warranty and value engineering services
- Former HAI chairman Wisecup passes away
- AAMS issue statement on HHS report on surprise medical billing