Last week, the oil industry journal Energy Voice wrote about a potential new helicopter operator on the North Sea – Vici Helicopters. Incorporated on 18th January with an address in Stavangar, the company is reportedly going to operate two AgustaWestland AW189s, although it is still in the process of obtaining the necessary operating licences.
The company is headed by Dag Johan Saetre, whose LinkedIn profile shows he has been employed by most Norwegian offshore operators over the years, all in technical roles, having started as an Avionics Technician in the Royal Norwegian Air Force before moving to a similar role with Helikopter Service in 1987. Most recently he was with Blueway for five years as Technical Director, including the last two with additional responsibility as Accountable Manager.
Saetre left Blueway in November 2016 to set up his own consultancy, Jamasi AS, which would appear to be linked to his plans going forward for Vici. Interestingly, he profile shows that role at Blueway included being “Responsible for aircraft purchase agreements and or lease as the group requires”, which would include a good contact network with which to start a new opening company.
We look forward to following the progress of Vici Helicopters in the coming months and wish them well with their plans.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Inverness Coast Guard base swaps S92s for AW189s
- Korea and Malaysia add firefighting AW189s
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- Gulf testing Radio Frequency Identification technology on the AW189
- Gulf Helicopters has selected SKYTRAC to Equip Fleet
- Multiple GBAS Firsts for Esterline and Leonardo
- Sakhalin Energy Signs AW189 Contract
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- Leonardo AW189 – FAA AD 2018-24-06 – Tailplane lower fitting
- Bristow upgrades St Athan SAR base to AW189
- CHC Australia Names Two New AW189 Helicopters
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Bristow moves two AW189s to Aberdeen and updates fixed wing terminal
- CHC launches AW189 operations in Australia
- Leonardo’s Japanese helicopter market grows
- Leonardo introduces the AW189K helicopter at Helitech 2017
- VNH help car launch using both Cabri and AW189
- Milestone helps CHC launch SuperMedium program