Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, recently received the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) 2016 Award of Excellence “Diamond Award.” The prestigious honor is a result of the company’s ongoing dedication to maintenance training and aircraft safety. This is Maverick Helicopters’ sixth consecutive Diamond Award for its Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim locations and the second consecutive award for its Maui, Hawaii facility since its inception in 2015.
The FAA’s Award of Excellence was created to recognize aviation operators and its maintenance technicians for participating in the FAA Aviation Maintenance Technician Awards Program. The rigorous program encourages employers to participate in continuous learning training programs in aviation maintenance, regulations and FAA rules. Each participating organization can receive honors ranging from the “Bronze Award” to the “Diamond Award.” The “Diamond Award” is only given to a select few corporations that have reached the highest level of program criteria.
“We take great pride in receiving one of the FAA’s highest honors, the Diamond Award of Excellence, for the sixth year in a row,” said John Buch, president of Maverick Aviation Group. “We aim to provide an unparalleled experience at Maverick Helicopters and the Diamond Award is a testament to our maintenance department’s outstanding commitment to safety, quality and reliability.”
In 2016, Maverick Helicopter’s dedicated maintenance technicians recorded more than 3,000 hours of training. More than 2,000 of those hours were provided through the company’s homegrown training courses. Additionally, 100 percent of Maverick Helicopters’ eligible maintenance technicians obtained individual awards through in-house and factory training.
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app