Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, recently received the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) 2016 Award of Excellence “Diamond Award.” The prestigious honor is a result of the company’s ongoing dedication to maintenance training and aircraft safety. This is Maverick Helicopters’ sixth consecutive Diamond Award for its Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim locations and the second consecutive award for its Maui, Hawaii facility since its inception in 2015.
The FAA’s Award of Excellence was created to recognize aviation operators and its maintenance technicians for participating in the FAA Aviation Maintenance Technician Awards Program. The rigorous program encourages employers to participate in continuous learning training programs in aviation maintenance, regulations and FAA rules. Each participating organization can receive honors ranging from the “Bronze Award” to the “Diamond Award.” The “Diamond Award” is only given to a select few corporations that have reached the highest level of program criteria.
“We take great pride in receiving one of the FAA’s highest honors, the Diamond Award of Excellence, for the sixth year in a row,” said John Buch, president of Maverick Aviation Group. “We aim to provide an unparalleled experience at Maverick Helicopters and the Diamond Award is a testament to our maintenance department’s outstanding commitment to safety, quality and reliability.”
In 2016, Maverick Helicopter’s dedicated maintenance technicians recorded more than 3,000 hours of training. More than 2,000 of those hours were provided through the company’s homegrown training courses. Additionally, 100 percent of Maverick Helicopters’ eligible maintenance technicians obtained individual awards through in-house and factory training.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee