Svensk Pilotutbildning (SPU) has been awarded an agreement with the Swedish National Agency for Higher Vocational Education (“Myndigheten för Yrkeshögskolan”) for training of 14 new helicopter pilots a year, until 2020, which in total means 28 positions funded by the Swedish Government.
The agency got a lot of attention for its January 2014 decision, where it decided to fund a total of 60 slots for new commercial helicopter pilots. The ground-breaking decision changed the helicopter training climate by adding an unprecedented number of simultaneous students. However, in 2016 the agency decided to discontinue with helicopter training for a period of time. The state-funded training will now resume, with little information regarding factual employment rate of the last 60 pilots.
After acceptance to the two-year 480-point higher vocational education programme, the pilots will gain a full ATPL(H)IR theory and a CPL(H) license with 135 flight hours. The Swedish Government will be funding the programme in order to safeguard the availability of qualified pilots for national parapublic and civil helicopter operations in the future.
Svensk Pilotutbildning conducts flight training with the Robinson R22 and R44 as well as with the Airbus Helicopters EC120.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Nordic Rotors which allows us to reproduce stories, but not accompanying images. All images with this story have been separately researched by the HeliHub.com team. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors.
- Philippine National Police Chooses R44s for Training
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- HQ Aviation gains approval as RR300 Authorized Service Center
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter
- 26-Feb-19 G-HWKS Robinson R44 Sketrick Island, UK
- 17-Feb-19 LN-ORH Robinson R44 Røldal, Norway (2F)
- 30-Jan-19 N484AB Robinson R44 Uvalde, US-Texas
- 01-Jan-19 PR-RMZ Robinson R44 Ubatuba, Brazil (1F)
- Robinson Adds Avidyne IFD Option
- 16-Dec-18 N803PT Robinson R44 Pontiac, US-Michigan
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- SUU Aviation Program Adds a New Helicopter
- 02-Nov-18 G-FLYX Robinson R44 Denham, UK
- 30-Sep-18 N440SH Robinson R44 Westminster, US-Maryland
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Universities Order More R44 Cadets
- Prabhu Helicopter adding two new Robinson R66 to its fleet