Svensk Pilotutbildning (SPU) has been awarded an agreement with the Swedish National Agency for Higher Vocational Education (“Myndigheten för Yrkeshögskolan”) for training of 14 new helicopter pilots a year, until 2020, which in total means 28 positions funded by the Swedish Government.
The agency got a lot of attention for its January 2014 decision, where it decided to fund a total of 60 slots for new commercial helicopter pilots. The ground-breaking decision changed the helicopter training climate by adding an unprecedented number of simultaneous students. However, in 2016 the agency decided to discontinue with helicopter training for a period of time. The state-funded training will now resume, with little information regarding factual employment rate of the last 60 pilots.
After acceptance to the two-year 480-point higher vocational education programme, the pilots will gain a full ATPL(H)IR theory and a CPL(H) license with 135 flight hours. The Swedish Government will be funding the programme in order to safeguard the availability of qualified pilots for national parapublic and civil helicopter operations in the future.
Svensk Pilotutbildning conducts flight training with the Robinson R22 and R44 as well as with the Airbus Helicopters EC120.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Nordic Rotors which allows us to reproduce stories, but not accompanying images. All images with this story have been separately researched by the HeliHub.com team. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors.
- Robinson’s Cockpit Camera Now Available
- Lithium-Ion Battery Now Available for Robinson R44
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- 16-Jan-21 UR-ASD Robinson R44 Borispol, Ukraine
- 09-Jan-21 N322SH Robinson R44 Albany, US-Texas
- 06-Jan-21 PR-WVW Robinson R44 Vila Velha, Brazil (2F)
- 01-Jan-21 C-FBGT Robinson R44 Eaglesham, Canada (4F)
- 20-Dec-20 N3264U Robinson R44 Morris, US-Illinois
- 16-Dec-20 ZK-IAY Robinson R44 Mahia Peninsula, New Zealand
- 15-Dec-20 ZK-??? Robinson R44 Te Anga, New Zealand
- 10-Dec-20 N7085Z Robinson R44 Colorado City, US-Texas (2F)
- 05-Dec-20 N371MP Robinson R44 II Marietta, US-Texas
- 02-Dec-20 VH-HGU Robinson R44 Marulan South, Australia (2F)
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- 18-Nov-20 N442JP Robinson R44 Austell, US-Georgia
- R44 Cadet Enters Service with ICE Helicopters
- Air Florida Helicopter Charters voluntarily files for Chapter 11 protection
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- 20-Oct-20 RA-04327 Robinson R44 Bobrovskoye, Russia (4F)
- 19-Oct-20 N31136 Robinson R44 Washington Island, US-Wisconsin