The AgustaWestland AW169 light intermediate twin-engine helicopter has achieved validation by FAA of the United States of its certification, with deliveries to begin in USA this year.
A versatile, new generation twin-engine light-intermediate category helicopter, the AW169 has been designed in response to the growing market demand for an aircraft that delivers high performance, meets all the latest safety standards and has multi-role capabilities.
The AW169 incorporates several new technology features in the rotor system, engines, avionics, transmission and electric power generation and distribution systems and is ideal for VIP and EMS requirements in the United States. The type has already been selected for a range of duties including executive/private transport, air ambulance, offshore transport and utility roles, with agreements signed for over 150 units including orders and options worldwide.
The AW169 is part of the family of new generation helicopters that includes the AW139 and AW189 models, which possess the same high performance flight characteristics and safety features as well as sharing a common cockpit layout, design philosophy and maintenance/training concept. This commonality will allow more effective operations for customers operating helicopter fleets across the 4 to 9 tonne categories.
Over 20 AW169s have been delivered to date to customers around the world for a range of applications including emergency medical service, executive/private transport, utility, offshore transport and wind farm support. An AW169 Level D full flight simulator, delivering advanced pilot training, has been certified and is in operation at the Leonardo Training Academy in Sesto Calende, Italy.
- Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex marks 30 years with royal visitor
- Travis County STAR Flight selects Axnes PNG for new AW169 fleet
- Leonardo delivers its 100th AW169
- First AW169 EMS Helicopter Fleet in US in Service
- UK AOC for NHV Group granted; new AW169 operating base at Blackpool in prospect?
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- Daegu Fire Department to take delivery of new AW169
- NHV orders two AW169 for offshore operations
- AW169 helicopter to enter offshore operations in Africa
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Leonardo to expand US training with AW169 and AW609 simulators
- SAFE delivers first AW169 maintenance stands in US
- Isles of Scilly spoiler operation runs out of steam
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- WW2 Spitfire has near miss with EMS AW169
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- Aerolite Receives FAA STC for AW169 Air Medical Interior