The NHV Group today announced a new contract with Seaway Heavy Lifting (SHL) to provide helicopter services in support of their upcoming wind farm construction project at the Beatrice Offshore Wind farm. The 588MW, 84 turbine wind farm, will be situated in the Outer Moray Firth and is expected to power approximately 450,000 homes. The operations are expected to start in Q2 2017. Flights will depart from NHV’s base in Aberdeen to the Beatrice Wind farm, which is approximately 80nm from Aberdeen.
NHV will support this project utilizing the state-of-the-art H175 aircraft, an Airbus Helicopter’s Super Medium type. The H175 is specifically designed to meet evolving mission needs in the energy sector. Being the launching operator for this aircraft type, NHV’s H175s have accumulated extensive experience in the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Ghana and Denmark since 2014. NHV Group ultimately will increase its fleet to 16 of these new-generation helicopters.
NHV started operating out of Aberdeen at the beginning of 2016 and announced the opening of a new hangar, apron and passenger handling facilities last October.
NHV have been supporting Seaway Heavy Lifting since 2013 across a number of projects. NHV’s base manager Jamie John commented: “We are very happy to announce the strengthening of our long standing partnership with Seaway Heavy Lifting and support them in the construction of the new Beatrice Offshore wind farm project. Our brand new facilities and aircraft will offer a fantastic platform for them to support their operations in the Moray Firth over the next 18 months.”
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Inmarsat unveils new SwiftBroadband Helo X-Stream