At the upcoming Helicopter Association International HELI-EXPO 2017 exhibition, set to take place in Dallas, Texas on March 7-9, Elbit Systems will showcase its Enhanced Flight Vision System (EFVS) Heli-ClearVision suite, which was developed based on its experience with numerous rotary-wing platforms worldwide.
Heli-ClearVision, the rotary-wing version of the unique Clearvision™ fixed-wing suite, has been selected by a major OEM, which will be announced during HeliExpo. The suite allows commercial helicopter pilots to perform flights in low visibility conditions, previously considered as challenging and risky. The Heli-ClearVision rotary-wing concept includes the Skylens™, Skyvis™ and HeliEVS™ systems.
This cutting-edge suite has already been successfully demonstrated onboard various types of helicopter platforms.
The complete Heli-ClearVision suite will be displayed at the Elbit Systems booth (2200) including the following systems:
HeliEVS is based on the certified ClearVision EVS for fixed-wing platforms. The system is packaged in a single Line Replaceable Unit (LRU), installed outside of the helicopter. The high quality imagery in low visibility conditions is accomplished through real-time image fusion between multiple sensors at multiple spectral bands.
Skylens is the ideal display solution for non-helmet users, packed in a lightweight, easy-to-install device, as intuitive as a pair of sunglasses. Operating in low visibility conditions, day and night, Skylens provides head-up information and minimizes dependency on the outside world and on the helipad infrastructure.
SkyVis provides helicopter pilots with a conformal “head up” view, displaying flight, vehicle and navigation symbology for day, night and NVG operation in limited weather conditions. An add-on to the pilot’s own helmet, SkyVis is easily integrated with minimal footprint in the cockpit.
As a premier technology and innovations house, and as a leading supplier of Helmet-Mounted Displays (HMD), Elbit Systems provides cutting-edge electronic avionics systems and advanced cockpit technologies for commercial aviation platforms. Elbit Systems’ vast industry experience, solid partner commitment and world-class solutions are relied upon by leading aerospace companies around the globe.
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- HENSOLDT enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring
- Aerial Firefighting Europe 2019 opens in French city of Nîmes
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- 18-Mar-19 ZT-ROB Bell 206L3 Beira, Mozambique