At the upcoming Helicopter Association International HELI-EXPO 2017 exhibition, set to take place in Dallas, Texas on March 7-9, Elbit Systems will showcase its Enhanced Flight Vision System (EFVS) Heli-ClearVision suite, which was developed based on its experience with numerous rotary-wing platforms worldwide.
Heli-ClearVision, the rotary-wing version of the unique Clearvision™ fixed-wing suite, has been selected by a major OEM, which will be announced during HeliExpo. The suite allows commercial helicopter pilots to perform flights in low visibility conditions, previously considered as challenging and risky. The Heli-ClearVision rotary-wing concept includes the Skylens™, Skyvis™ and HeliEVS™ systems.
This cutting-edge suite has already been successfully demonstrated onboard various types of helicopter platforms.
The complete Heli-ClearVision suite will be displayed at the Elbit Systems booth (2200) including the following systems:
HeliEVS is based on the certified ClearVision EVS for fixed-wing platforms. The system is packaged in a single Line Replaceable Unit (LRU), installed outside of the helicopter. The high quality imagery in low visibility conditions is accomplished through real-time image fusion between multiple sensors at multiple spectral bands.
Skylens is the ideal display solution for non-helmet users, packed in a lightweight, easy-to-install device, as intuitive as a pair of sunglasses. Operating in low visibility conditions, day and night, Skylens provides head-up information and minimizes dependency on the outside world and on the helipad infrastructure.
SkyVis provides helicopter pilots with a conformal “head up” view, displaying flight, vehicle and navigation symbology for day, night and NVG operation in limited weather conditions. An add-on to the pilot’s own helmet, SkyVis is easily integrated with minimal footprint in the cockpit.
As a premier technology and innovations house, and as a leading supplier of Helmet-Mounted Displays (HMD), Elbit Systems provides cutting-edge electronic avionics systems and advanced cockpit technologies for commercial aviation platforms. Elbit Systems’ vast industry experience, solid partner commitment and world-class solutions are relied upon by leading aerospace companies around the globe.
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019