At the upcoming Helicopter Association International HELI-EXPO 2017 exhibition, set to take place in Dallas, Texas on March 7-9, Elbit Systems will showcase its Enhanced Flight Vision System (EFVS) Heli-ClearVision suite, which was developed based on its experience with numerous rotary-wing platforms worldwide.
Heli-ClearVision, the rotary-wing version of the unique Clearvision™ fixed-wing suite, has been selected by a major OEM, which will be announced during HeliExpo. The suite allows commercial helicopter pilots to perform flights in low visibility conditions, previously considered as challenging and risky. The Heli-ClearVision rotary-wing concept includes the Skylens™, Skyvis™ and HeliEVS™ systems.
This cutting-edge suite has already been successfully demonstrated onboard various types of helicopter platforms.
The complete Heli-ClearVision suite will be displayed at the Elbit Systems booth (2200) including the following systems:
HeliEVS is based on the certified ClearVision EVS for fixed-wing platforms. The system is packaged in a single Line Replaceable Unit (LRU), installed outside of the helicopter. The high quality imagery in low visibility conditions is accomplished through real-time image fusion between multiple sensors at multiple spectral bands.
Skylens is the ideal display solution for non-helmet users, packed in a lightweight, easy-to-install device, as intuitive as a pair of sunglasses. Operating in low visibility conditions, day and night, Skylens provides head-up information and minimizes dependency on the outside world and on the helipad infrastructure.
SkyVis provides helicopter pilots with a conformal “head up” view, displaying flight, vehicle and navigation symbology for day, night and NVG operation in limited weather conditions. An add-on to the pilot’s own helmet, SkyVis is easily integrated with minimal footprint in the cockpit.
As a premier technology and innovations house, and as a leading supplier of Helmet-Mounted Displays (HMD), Elbit Systems provides cutting-edge electronic avionics systems and advanced cockpit technologies for commercial aviation platforms. Elbit Systems’ vast industry experience, solid partner commitment and world-class solutions are relied upon by leading aerospace companies around the globe.
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey