NHV Group and Airbus Helicopters are pleased to announce that NHV’s H175 fleet has logged its first 10,000 flight hours. This significant milestone proves this super-medium-sized rotorcraft’s capabilities and reliability in highly demanding operations, especially the transportation of personnel and supplies to offshore oil and gas platforms.
The 10,000 hours have been accumulated by NHV’s fleet of eight H175s. The first two aircraft were introduced to the fleet in December 2014 with NHV being the launch operator. The rotorcraft have since completed more than 4750 flights; with certain missions conducted in challenging North Sea weather conditions, and non-stop flights performed to distances of 180 NM with passengers and cargo.
“Being the launching customer and fleet leader for this aircraft, we are successfully positioning the H175 as the new standard for oil and gas missions. I am proud that, today, NHV is the only operator with a vast experience in flying this aircraft. We explicitly thank our valued customers and staff for being our partners in reaching this milestone,” says Eric Van Hal, the CEO of NHV Group.
The H175’s high level of reliability enables NHV to meet tight flight scheduling in the North Sea, thereby underscoring the aircraft’s high level of maturity from service entry, as well as the suitability of associated services provided by Airbus Helicopters.
“I want to congratulate NHV for reaching this very important milestone with their H175 fleet,” said Guillaume Faury, Airbus Helicopters CEO. “With NHV, the H175 has demonstrated its costeffectiveness, comfort and reliability, setting new standards for offshore operations. I commend NHV for their professionalism in accomplishing this key milestone. They can count on unfaltering support from Airbus Helicopters so they can continue to perform successful missions.”
“The H175 is a remarkable program and NHV is to be applauded for so quickly reaching the 10,000- hour mark and maximizing the helicopter’s potential,” said John Saabas, President, Pratt & Whitney Canada, maker of the PT6C-67E engines that power the H175. “This is the first engine in the PT6 family to be equipped with a dual-channel FADEC, an advanced control system that simplifies engine operation, reduces pilot workload, and provides greater power response, performance, aircraft availability and a quiet cabin.”
NHV’s H175s have accumulated experience in the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Ghana, Denmark. “We are very satisfied with the H175s”, adds Eric Van Hal. “Our pilots appreciate their excellent handling characteristics, plus the speed and range; while passengers are impressed with the cabin comfort, smooth ride and low noise levels.” NHV will gradually increase its fleet of these new-generation helicopters in the upcoming years.
The H175 is designed to meet evolving mission needs in the oil and gas industry, offering outstanding performance and unmatched cost efficiency – with the capability of carrying a full payload to 90 percent of the North Sea’s offshore installations. It also is well tailored for search and rescue in support of such off-shore operations, emergency medical services, public services, VIP and executive transport.
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award