Era Group Inc. (NYSE:ERA), one of the largest helicopter operators in the world, today announced that one of its AW189 helicopters will be on display at the 2017 HAI Heli-Expo, the world’s largest trade show dedicated to the international helicopter community. Era served as the launch customer for the AW189 helicopter in the Americas upon taking delivery of its first two AW189 helicopters in December 2015.
“Era is proud to have one of our AW189s on display as part of Leonardo’s presence at this year’s Heli-Expo,” said Chris Bradshaw, President and Chief Executive Officer of Era. “The AW189 has been an outstanding addition to our diverse and technologically advanced fleet. Its versatility and reliability enhance our ability to provide competitive options for cost-efficient, long-range offshore helicopter transport. In addition, as a full-service operating lessor, Era stands ready to provide operational and technical support to assist other helicopter operators in the launch of their own AW189 operations.”
As part of the Heli-Expo experience, Era will partner with Leonardo to showcase the AW189’s spacious cabin and cockpit design incorporating the latest in advanced situational awareness technologies to reduce crew workload, optimize mission-effectiveness and enhance safety.
The aircraft benefits from an industry-leading 50 minutes ‘dry-run’ capability on the main gearbox, exceeding current certification standards and offering unmatched safety and reliability for long-range operations. Era took delivery of an additional two AW189 helicopters in 2016, increasing the Company’s AgustaWestland fleet to over 60 helicopters including four AW189s.
“Showcasing the versatile AW189 currently in service with Era, the world’s largest civilian operator of AgustaWestland helicopters, allows us to further display the aircraft’s adaptability in support of a variety of mission profiles to key decision makers across the helicopter industry,” added Daniele Romiti, Managing Director of Leonardo Helicopters. “We’re pleased to have Era as a long-time partner and launch customer for the AW189 in the Americas, and appreciate the opportunity to be a part of their operational growth.”
A recipient of the 2017 HAI Salute to Excellence Airbus Helicopters Golden Hour Award for its search and rescue (SAR) program, Era operates three SAR-equipped AW139 medium helicopters in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. The dedicated aircraft feature complete Advanced Life Support (ALS) medical care packages, including critical care, fluid resuscitation, advanced airway, pain management and cardiac monitoring, providing unparalleled medical response capabilities. Era was the first emergency flight services provider to configure the AW139 for full SAR mission capabilities.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator