Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is reporting strong demand for the Rolls-Royce M250-C47B Value Improvement Package (VIP) upgrade, which is available to operators of Bell Helicopter’s best-selling platform, the Bell 407.
Vector, an award-winning M250 Authorized Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Center (AMROC), has teamed up with Rolls-Royce to perform 16 conversions since the VIP upgrade program was introduced in 2012.
By introducing modifications to the M250-C47B’s impeller, diffuser and first-stage turbine nozzle, the VIP upgrade enables operators to benefit from improved hot/high performance and lower direct operating costs, thanks to decreased fuel burn and reduced part attrition. During testing performed by Rolls-Royce, the VIP upgrade demonstrated a 5 percent improvement in hot/high engine performance and a 2 percent reduction in fuel burn, with no increase in engine weight.
The VIP kit also enables operators to upgrade their M250-C47B engines to the same production-standard M250-C47B/8 configuration which is installed in the current Bell 407GXP platform.
“The Rolls-Royce M250-C47B VIP upgrade is an excellent solution for customers looking to optimize performance in high-altitude, high-temperature environments,” said Craig Pluim, Vice President, Sales, Rotary-Wing. “We are delighted to add this capability to our list of MRO solutions in order to support our customers’ unique needs.”
Vector Aerospace is a member of the Rolls-Royce M250 FIRST Network, with full capability in Richmond, BC, Canada and with branch locations in Dallas, TX, USA and Fleetlands, Gosport, UK. Vector has been presented with a number of awards over the past decade for its support of the M250 family, including the Rolls-Royce FIRST Network ‘Total Quality’ award (2015 and 2012), the Rolls-Royce FIRST Network ‘Customer Satisfaction’ award (2013), the Rolls-Royce FIRST Network ‘Program Investment’ award (2012 and 2006) and the Model 250 AMC Award for Customer Satisfaction (2006).
Vector is also a Rolls-Royce Authorized Maintenance Center (AMC) for the T56/501-D turboprop, which is supported from the company’s Fleetlands, UK facility.
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Bell and Moog Collaborate
- UK MoD details Sea King asbestos risk – and how to claim
- Schiebel doubles Camcopter S-100 production capacity
- Aspen Avionics Names Vice President of Operations
- Association of Air Ambulances Charity relaunches as Air Ambulances UK
- Arts Council renews Helicopter Museum Accreditation
- Able Breaks Ground on Major Mesa
- Donaldson appoints Account Executive for Rotorcraft
- BLADE Launches Urban Air Mobility Pilot Program
- SUU Aviation Program Adds a New Helicopter
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- AAMS responds to CNN article on air ambulance pricing
- Saskatchewan renews 10 year STARS funding contract
- Managing Director at Babcock and HeliOffshore board member shares thoughts on safety
- Garmin® awarded supplier of the year by Airbus Helicopters