A year after installing its first engine filter, successful New York City tour operator Liberty Helicopters has found a better solution to engine protection: the Donaldson Inlet Barrier Filter (IBF), a proven system from Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI).
Liberty Helicopters had performed a thorough evaluation of engine protection options before electing to outfit its fleet of seven Airbus H125 helicopters with Donaldson IBFs. Six of seven Liberty H125 aircraft have been outfitted; the seventh helicopter is undergoing an engine overhaul.
“Our experience with the Donaldson Inlet Barrier Filter – especially in terms of foreign object debris (FOD) prevention – has been great from the start,” said Brent Duca, director of Training at Liberty Helicopters. “The IBFs have already prevented a rock, a bird and other FOD from reaching and damaging critical components. Our performance experience with the Donaldson IBF has been thoroughly satisfying.”
Duca said the fleet’s H125 engines continue to perform well with the Donaldson IBF, which removes smog, other pollutants and engine exhaust from the intake air. “Other engine protection options did not address these needs,” he said.
Liberty Helicopters is one of New York City’s largest tour operators, flying more than 9,000 hours annually across the fleet while providing scenic views of the city since 1990. “Our passengers’ safety is always our primary concern, so having high passing rates on our engines during inspections and high power margins are of great comfort to everyone,” said Duca.
Donaldson dry and oiled media IBFs will be on display March 7-9 in Dallas, Texas, in exhibit 10537 at HAI HELI-EXPO 2017.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator