A year after installing its first engine filter, successful New York City tour operator Liberty Helicopters has found a better solution to engine protection: the Donaldson Inlet Barrier Filter (IBF), a proven system from Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI).
Liberty Helicopters had performed a thorough evaluation of engine protection options before electing to outfit its fleet of seven Airbus H125 helicopters with Donaldson IBFs. Six of seven Liberty H125 aircraft have been outfitted; the seventh helicopter is undergoing an engine overhaul.
“Our experience with the Donaldson Inlet Barrier Filter – especially in terms of foreign object debris (FOD) prevention – has been great from the start,” said Brent Duca, director of Training at Liberty Helicopters. “The IBFs have already prevented a rock, a bird and other FOD from reaching and damaging critical components. Our performance experience with the Donaldson IBF has been thoroughly satisfying.”
Duca said the fleet’s H125 engines continue to perform well with the Donaldson IBF, which removes smog, other pollutants and engine exhaust from the intake air. “Other engine protection options did not address these needs,” he said.
Liberty Helicopters is one of New York City’s largest tour operators, flying more than 9,000 hours annually across the fleet while providing scenic views of the city since 1990. “Our passengers’ safety is always our primary concern, so having high passing rates on our engines during inspections and high power margins are of great comfort to everyone,” said Duca.
Donaldson dry and oiled media IBFs will be on display March 7-9 in Dallas, Texas, in exhibit 10537 at HAI HELI-EXPO 2017.
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission