A year after installing its first engine filter, successful New York City tour operator Liberty Helicopters has found a better solution to engine protection: the Donaldson Inlet Barrier Filter (IBF), a proven system from Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI).
Liberty Helicopters had performed a thorough evaluation of engine protection options before electing to outfit its fleet of seven Airbus H125 helicopters with Donaldson IBFs. Six of seven Liberty H125 aircraft have been outfitted; the seventh helicopter is undergoing an engine overhaul.
“Our experience with the Donaldson Inlet Barrier Filter – especially in terms of foreign object debris (FOD) prevention – has been great from the start,” said Brent Duca, director of Training at Liberty Helicopters. “The IBFs have already prevented a rock, a bird and other FOD from reaching and damaging critical components. Our performance experience with the Donaldson IBF has been thoroughly satisfying.”
Duca said the fleet’s H125 engines continue to perform well with the Donaldson IBF, which removes smog, other pollutants and engine exhaust from the intake air. “Other engine protection options did not address these needs,” he said.
Liberty Helicopters is one of New York City’s largest tour operators, flying more than 9,000 hours annually across the fleet while providing scenic views of the city since 1990. “Our passengers’ safety is always our primary concern, so having high passing rates on our engines during inspections and high power margins are of great comfort to everyone,” said Duca.
Donaldson dry and oiled media IBFs will be on display March 7-9 in Dallas, Texas, in exhibit 10537 at HAI HELI-EXPO 2017.
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL