The offshore helicopter industry’s collaboration for safety was recognised today at the Aviation Week 60th Annual Laureate Awards.
HeliOffshore was a finalist in the Safety Innovation category, which was won by Jaiwon Shin, NASA Associate Administrator for Aeronautics. Mr. Shin’s award recognised his leadership in developing a compelling strategy to guide U.S. civil aviation research.
HeliOffshore CEO, Gretchen Haskins, acknowledged Jaiwon’s contribution: “Jaiwon Shin’s contribution to civil aviation is immense and we congratulate him on his Innovation Laureate. He has led efforts to enhance NASA’s culture of flight research and restructured NASA aeronautics to address the greatest challenges facing civil aviation globally,” said Mrs. Haskins.
“It took similarly innovative thinking and commitment from our founding members to go beyond commercial competition and prioritise safety in the offshore helicopter industry. We are proud to have been considered finalists alongside Mr. Shin,” she said.
Collaboration by HeliOffshore members has already led to best practice guidance in health and usage monitoring systems (HUMS), research and training to improve use of automation, and a programme to accelerate the implementation of enhanced helicopter terrain awareness and warning systems (HTAWS).
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter