The offshore helicopter industry’s collaboration for safety was recognised today at the Aviation Week 60th Annual Laureate Awards.
HeliOffshore was a finalist in the Safety Innovation category, which was won by Jaiwon Shin, NASA Associate Administrator for Aeronautics. Mr. Shin’s award recognised his leadership in developing a compelling strategy to guide U.S. civil aviation research.
HeliOffshore CEO, Gretchen Haskins, acknowledged Jaiwon’s contribution: “Jaiwon Shin’s contribution to civil aviation is immense and we congratulate him on his Innovation Laureate. He has led efforts to enhance NASA’s culture of flight research and restructured NASA aeronautics to address the greatest challenges facing civil aviation globally,” said Mrs. Haskins.
“It took similarly innovative thinking and commitment from our founding members to go beyond commercial competition and prioritise safety in the offshore helicopter industry. We are proud to have been considered finalists alongside Mr. Shin,” she said.
Collaboration by HeliOffshore members has already led to best practice guidance in health and usage monitoring systems (HUMS), research and training to improve use of automation, and a programme to accelerate the implementation of enhanced helicopter terrain awareness and warning systems (HTAWS).
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet