With 12 H175 now in operation and demonstrating the performance and reliability of the aircraft worldwide, the medium twin-engine helicopter continues to be enhanced in order to bring more value to operators.
Among the programme milestones recently reached is the certification by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) of a maximum take-off weight (MTOW) extension from 7,500 kg to 7,800 kg, allowing customers to benefit from an additional payload of 300 kg or an extra 40NM radius of action. The extended MTOW provides increased operational flexibility, particularly in highly demanding oil and gas operations.
The MTOW extension is available at no extra cost to the customers and only requires an update of the flight and maintenance manuals. The first H175s benefitting from this upgrade are already flying operational missions in the North Sea.
Meanwhile, the H175’s ability to fly in limited icing conditions has also been certified by EASA, ensuring the helicopter is able to operate in the challenging weather conditions encountered in environments such as the North Sea. Certification for snow operations was also granted at the end of 2016. Additionally, oil and gas H175 operators will soon benefit from automated approaches to oil rigs, along with a sand filter that will be essential for operations in the Middle-East.
In parallel to these development efforts, certification has also been granted in Russia, Mexico and Australia, paving the way to the entry into service of the H175 aircraft in new regions. Certification in the United States, Malaysia, Canada and Brazil will follow.
With the oil and gas and VIP configurations now in service, Airbus Helicopters is focused on the development of the Public Services version of the H175, prior to the first delivery later this year to launch customer Hong Kong Government Flying Services. This new variant opens the H175 mission set to operations such as search and rescue, emergency medical services, law enforcement, firefighting and border security.
The H175 has so far been in operation for offshore transport in 3 continents where it has been praised by the crews by its outstanding performance and reliability well as for the passengers for the visibility, comfort and low sound and vibration levels. In particular, the H175 has accumulated experience in Aberdeen (Scotland), Den Helder (Netherlands), Esbjerg (Denmark) and Takoradi (Ghana) with launch customer NHV — who has recently announced reaching the 10,000 flight hours milestone — and also in the Gulf of Mexico with Pegaso. Since February this year, the H175 has also been flying offshore in Aberdeen with Babcock Mission Critical Services.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- NHV H175 fleet exceeds 30000 flight hours
- Babcock Australasia reports successful first year of H175 operations
- Airbus receives EASA Certification for Rig’N Fly for the H175
- NHV H175 fleet reaches 8,500 flights in 3 years
- Airbus and NHV celebrate three years flying H175s
- EASA certification for the Rig’N Fly
- Royal Thai Police becomes first H175 operator in Asia Pacific
- Milestone and Babcock celebrate lease fleet of 50
- CHC commences H175 revenue operations
- CHC signs HCare contract with Airbus for H175
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Milestone helps CHC launch SuperMedium program
- CHC takes delivery of first H175 aircraft
- CHC to add AW189 and H175 to fleet
- Waypoint Leasing to Bolster Fleet with 16 New Airbus Helicopters
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175
- NHV’s H175 fleet reaches 10,000 flight hours
- NHV awarded with offshore contract by Seaway Heavy Lifting