HeliOffshore and GE Aviation have signed an agreement to develop and implement digital solutions for a global safety data management system for the offshore helicopter industry. The system will be deployed in phases beginning this year.
This effort will bring together GE’s extensive data and analytics technology and expertise with HeliOffshore’s safety leadership to provide deeper analytics and analyses to yield more insights into ways operators, manufacturers, and the oil and gas industry can maximize the safety of offshore helicopter operations.
“We are eager to be a part of such an important step forward for the offshore helicopter industry,” said Jim Daily, chief digital officer for GE Aviation. “With the power of GE’s Predix behind the safety leadership of HeliOffshore, this team will have state-of-the-art tools to analyze helicopter operations and provide insights to help drive safer operations across the entire offshore rotorcraft space.”
Creating this partnership will allow for a powerful implementation of data across operating conditions and environments. HeliOffshore has already laid the groundwork for sharing data and information under its InfoShare program. Through the program, operators exchange safety event information and have begun to share data, including from anonymized flight data monitoring and their health and usage monitoring systems.
Gretchen Haskins, HeliOffshore’s CEO, sees this partnership as an important component in the drive to enhance safety to the benefit of everyone who works offshore.
“The ability for multiple stakeholders to share safety data that helps target actions faster to enhance safety in the frontline is a huge step forward. GE’s track record of delivery in the fixed wing sector will help us to make this a practical reality for our industry,” said Mrs. Haskins.
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $19M Contract for MV-22 and CV-22 Kits
- Sikorsky-Boeing SB>1 DEFIANT™ Helicopter Achieves First Flight
- Keystone Turbine Services Earns Two Rolls-Royce M250 Awards
- FlightSafety to add Advanced Energy Management – Rotorcraft course
- HealthNet EC145e to serve West Virginia
- Bell and Rolls-Royce Collaborate
- Sikorsky Recognizes County Of County of Los Angeles Fire Department
- CHC and Aberdeen University to embark on research partnership
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M