Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) has further enhanced its capacity to provide rapid, tailored customer support with Librestream’s Onsight, a new field-collaboration solution that connects the aircraft technician and remote specialist using an interactive audio-video technology platform. Building on its customer service leadership in the aviation industry, P&WC is able to deliver expedited support and faster response times to helicopter operators through this powerful service. P&WC is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
Available to customers since the beginning of the year, the new solution helps further enable rapid diagnosis and resolution of issues in the field by making it possible for remote experts to inspect helicopter engines “virtually” in close collaboration with the customer. The platform provides a live and interactive link between the customer, P&WC’s field support representative and the P&WC customer engineer, which captures high quality video and images even in low-bandwidth areas where Wi-Fi and cellular signals are weak.
Thanks to this dynamic connection, teams are better equipped to rapidly troubleshoot issues and make proactive and preventive maintenance decisions — even if they are in remote locations on opposite sides of the globe. The solution, which is accessed via a software app installed on the remote expert’s computer and the customer’s smartphone, can save up to 12 hours by delivering virtual on-site support and technical expertise to the customer where and when they need it.
“We continue to invest in technologies and solutions that enable proactive and predictive maintenance and data-driven decisions that positively impact our customers’ bottom line through increased aircraft availability and reduced costs,” said Timothy Swail, Vice President, Customer Programs, P&WC. “The Onsight solution keeps us connected with customers in their environments in real time and provides immediate access to remote experts for rapid problem solving and issue resolution.”
In addition to live video and audio, the platform includes features such as borescope connectivity, remote-camera control (camera angle, lighting, etc.), on-screen drawing and image sharing. The Onsight solution provides the ability to develop knowledge-based content, improve maintenance team productivity, and deliver effective remote training of maintenance teams in the field. Videos can be recorded for future customer use, training and reference and the Onsight solution enhances the confidentiality of information by means of advanced wireless security, authentication and encryption, network controls and privacy settings.
P&WC will be at HAI HELI-EXPO 2017, booth #7117. Interested operators are invited to drop by to speak with a marketing or customer service representative.
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019