Universal Avionics announces that the engineering of the InSight display system is now fulfilled, and that the company is working toward completion of the STC and TSO package in preparation for TIA. Upon approval, InSight will provide operators with a new modern, integrated flight deck solution.
“We are pleased to have reached this significant milestone and look forward to introducing our latest product to the industry,” said Dan Reida, Universal Avionics V.P. of Sales and Marketing. “We recognized the challenge to get new technology into the flight deck without an entirely new upgrade, and InSight is the solution,” he added.
With the open architecture of InSight and the ability to support multiple interfaces, customers can leverage the investment made in other systems into the InSight display system, helping to manage the cost of upgrading. System configuration options are available for 3- or 4- 10.4” (diagonal) EFI-1040 displays, and fewer required Line Replaceable Units (LRU) allow for less avionics weight and wiring in the aircraft. InSight is a flexible, integrated solution for both new aircraft platforms and retrofit upgrades.
Some of InSight’s hottest features include embedded next generation synthetic vision with advanced mapping capability, along with embedded charts, radio control and broadcast weather. When integrated with Universal Avionics’ SBAS-FMS and UniLink® UL-800/801 Communications Management Unit, InSight provides a path to meet future mandates and requirements like PBN, CPDLC, FANS 1/A+, Data Comm, ATN B1, and more.
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI