The AgustaWestland AW139 and AW169 continue to be selected as preferred platforms by discerning corporate and VIP customers, with additional sales of both types accelerating in early 2017.
An AW169 has been sold to a US corporate customer just as the company has recently achieved FAA certification of the type, with another sold to a Mexican customer, and three additional AW169s sold to two different customers in Brasil. A further sale of an AW139 to a US corporate customer now increases the total of the type operating within the corporate and VIP segment in North America to more than 25.
The new generation AW169 meets corporate customer preferences and features innovative safety characteristics. As with all of the company’s VIP configured aircraft, the AW169 features comfortable interiors, a high capacity baggage compartment, engineering improvements to lessen cabin noise and vibration, and proper climate control in all operating environments.
With the first two AW169s recently entering into service in South America, in Brazil and Argentina, two service and support centers in the region, AgustaWestland do Brasil and Helipark, have recently been certified to provide support to the AW169. This includes periodic airframe maintenance inspections on all AW169 helicopters, in addition to the AW109s, AW119s, and AW139s currently in service in the region, as well as after-market airframe and warranty support.
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards