Maxcraft Avionics Ltd announced that they have received Transport Canada STC SH17-13 for installation of the Garmin GTS800 Traffic System with dual directional traffic antennas, and STC SH17- 14 for installation of Garmin HTAWS in the Airbus Helicopters EC-135.
Garmin GTS800 Traffic Alerting System
When flying in busy airspace, converging in sometimes less-than-ideal visibility conditions – pilots need every possible advantage to “see and avoid” traffic conflicts. Alertness and vigilance are essential. But for enhanced safety, nothing beats having an extra set of “electronic eyes” to help detect and display the position of any transponder- equipped aircraft approaching on a potential collision course.
The GTS800 provide performance suited to light helicopters, 40 watts of transmit power, a +/- 10,000-foot vertical separation maximum, and a typical active interrogation range of 12 nm in the forward direction. Passive surveillance is provided with available 1090 MHz extended squitter ADS-B “In” capability.
Garmin HTAWS enablement for GTN Navigators
HTAWS is an option available to provide operators with visual and audible alerts of potential terrain and obstacle conflicts along the flight path. Garmin HTAWS incorporates a high-resolution, five-color terrain scale, voice callouts, optional radar altimeter input, and in addition Garmin’s HTAW’s offers a Reduced Protection (RP) mode that allows low-level operations with minimal alerting while continuing to provide terrain and obstacle protection.
- Columbia Helicopters Still Aims to Sell
- Irish SAR pilots to take industrial action
- Serbia to Order more Mi-17/Mi-35s from Russia
- Rolls-Royce Awarded $36M Contract for Delivery of 17 V-22 AE1107C Engines
- New police airbase in Essex
- Bell at SXSW 2019
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension