The Metro companies will exhibit at HELI-EXPO in Dallas, Texas this year and unveil a new booth in honor of Metro Aviation’s 35th Anniversary. Metro Aviation, PAC International, Outerlink Global Solutions and the Helicopter Flight Training Center make up the Metro companies, a well-rounded brand meeting the needs of the helicopter industry.
Metro began in 1982 as a helicopter charter, flight training and maintenance operation. 2017 marks the 35th anniversary for the global completion leader and Metro will display a new EC145e or “e-lite,” a utility version of the EC145 platform first introduced by Metro Aviation at HELI-EXPO in 2015. The aircraft has special meaning to the company, branded as N83EL to signify the year Metro received its first operations contract.
Also on display is the University of Utah’s AirMed Bell 407GX. The aircraft is one of three completed by PAC International, a Metro Aviation Company, in Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania. The introduction to Metro through PAC led to Utah becoming one of Metro’s newest operations customers, joining the family in November of 2016. The AirMed program services one of the largest geographical areas of any flight program in the nation with their fleet of five Bell 407GX’s, an EC145, a PC-12/47E and a PC-12/45.
Outerlink Global Solutions will debut the newest console for customers of the IRIS system, a comprehensive, lightweight, monitoring, recording and next generation satellite communications system providing voice, video analog and digital aircraft system information. The system includes a full-duplex communications service combined with the rotorcraft industry’s first satellite-transmitted, real-time Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) system that provides the total solution to safety and management oversight.
Finally, representatives from the Helicopter Flight Training Center will be in the booth to discuss training opportunities for operators of all sizes. The training center houses Level 7 flight training devices for the AS350 and Bell 407/GX airframes, a Level D full motion simulator for the EC135 and is currently completing the certification of a Level D full motion simulator for the EC145. All simulators are available for dry lease and the training staff is available to help operators develop training plans customized for their organization.
Metro Aviation is displaying at HELI-EXPO on Booth #9342. For more information, attend the press event on the Metro booth on Wednesday, March 8 at 11am or visit metroaviation.com.
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade