The Metro companies will exhibit at HELI-EXPO in Dallas, Texas this year and unveil a new booth in honor of Metro Aviation’s 35th Anniversary. Metro Aviation, PAC International, Outerlink Global Solutions and the Helicopter Flight Training Center make up the Metro companies, a well-rounded brand meeting the needs of the helicopter industry.
Metro began in 1982 as a helicopter charter, flight training and maintenance operation. 2017 marks the 35th anniversary for the global completion leader and Metro will display a new EC145e or “e-lite,” a utility version of the EC145 platform first introduced by Metro Aviation at HELI-EXPO in 2015. The aircraft has special meaning to the company, branded as N83EL to signify the year Metro received its first operations contract.
Also on display is the University of Utah’s AirMed Bell 407GX. The aircraft is one of three completed by PAC International, a Metro Aviation Company, in Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania. The introduction to Metro through PAC led to Utah becoming one of Metro’s newest operations customers, joining the family in November of 2016. The AirMed program services one of the largest geographical areas of any flight program in the nation with their fleet of five Bell 407GX’s, an EC145, a PC-12/47E and a PC-12/45.
Outerlink Global Solutions will debut the newest console for customers of the IRIS system, a comprehensive, lightweight, monitoring, recording and next generation satellite communications system providing voice, video analog and digital aircraft system information. The system includes a full-duplex communications service combined with the rotorcraft industry’s first satellite-transmitted, real-time Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) system that provides the total solution to safety and management oversight.
Finally, representatives from the Helicopter Flight Training Center will be in the booth to discuss training opportunities for operators of all sizes. The training center houses Level 7 flight training devices for the AS350 and Bell 407/GX airframes, a Level D full motion simulator for the EC135 and is currently completing the certification of a Level D full motion simulator for the EC145. All simulators are available for dry lease and the training staff is available to help operators develop training plans customized for their organization.
Metro Aviation is displaying at HELI-EXPO on Booth #9342. For more information, attend the press event on the Metro booth on Wednesday, March 8 at 11am or visit metroaviation.com.
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- PHi report on results for the year to 31 December 2018
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- Hensoldt enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring