VIH Aerospace (VIHA – www.vihaerospace.com – Booth # 10953), a leading provider of helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services — and more recently, aerospace manufacturing, has seen substantial growth in its recently launched manufacturing sector.
“In late 2015, VIH management determined that in addition to manufacturing mission specific Supplemental Type Certified products including Vertical Reference Windows, Auxiliary Fuel Tanks and various others; we should leverage our decades of manufacturing know-how and quality processes to enter the general aviation manufacturing market,” says Dave McGrath, Director of Business Development, Sales and Marketing for VIH Aerospace.
Since 2015, the company has quickly evolved to a supplier of choice for several fixed wing and helicopter fleet operators, providing support ranging from the manufacture of single-unit piece parts to large run manufacturing, kit development and provisioning, custom panel fabrication and more. “We have a highly adaptable manufacturing structure and a dedication to quality assurance that enables us to scale up or down in regard to project complexity and quantities, that positions us to meet the uniquely requirements of our customers,” McGrath explains.
VIH Aerospace’s adaptability and experience has recently created opportunities to venture into new manufacturing territories. The company is currently in negotiations to provide its specialty manufacturing services to potential new customers that have interests in both the aerospace and marine industries.
“We expect 2017 to be a banner year for our manufacturing activities, as we continue to add to our base of knowledge and increase our internal capabilities. In the past year, we experienced substantial growth in this department, and our goal is to build VIH Aerospace into a leading aviation manufacturer; which perfectly complements our other areas of customer support,” McGrath concludes.
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Appoints President & General Manager
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Duke Energy picks GPMS Foresight HUMS
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence