Leonardo and Shanghai Zenisun Investment Co., Ltd (Shanghai Zenisun) announced today they will strengthen their strategic cooperation in the Chinese civil helicopter market by renewing the existing Distributorship Agreement with Sino-US Intercontinental, part of Shanghai Zenisun, as the sole distributor in China (including Hong Kong and Macau) of Leonardo’s civil products. These include the AW119, AW169, AW139, AW189 helicopter models. The parties will initiate joint efforts on local training and local completion center capability setup. Through these initiatives Shanghai Zenisun is established as the preferred, leading strategic cooperation partner of Leonardo for civil helicopter sales in China.
Chinese customers will benefit from local training and industrialization cooperation between Leonardo and Shanghai Zenisun, leveraging the extensive collaboration in sales and after-sales services. Sino-US Intercontinental has so far placed orders for over 80 helicopters comprising AW119Kx, GrandNew, AW169, AW139 and AW189 helicopters. Fifty-five emergency medical service helicopters comprising the AW119Kx, AW169 and AW139 models were ordered in 2016 establishing the largest EMS helicopter program nationwide in China.
The presence of Leonardo in China grows stronger with more than 180 helicopters sold to Chinese customers to date for commercial and public services. 2016 has set a new record with more than 20 helicopters delivered to China. The growing fleet is supported by an increased customer support presence, recently enhanced by the opening of a major warehouse facility in Shanghai.
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition