Leonardo and Shanghai Zenisun Investment Co., Ltd (Shanghai Zenisun) announced today they will strengthen their strategic cooperation in the Chinese civil helicopter market by renewing the existing Distributorship Agreement with Sino-US Intercontinental, part of Shanghai Zenisun, as the sole distributor in China (including Hong Kong and Macau) of Leonardo’s civil products. These include the AW119, AW169, AW139, AW189 helicopter models. The parties will initiate joint efforts on local training and local completion center capability setup. Through these initiatives Shanghai Zenisun is established as the preferred, leading strategic cooperation partner of Leonardo for civil helicopter sales in China.
Chinese customers will benefit from local training and industrialization cooperation between Leonardo and Shanghai Zenisun, leveraging the extensive collaboration in sales and after-sales services. Sino-US Intercontinental has so far placed orders for over 80 helicopters comprising AW119Kx, GrandNew, AW169, AW139 and AW189 helicopters. Fifty-five emergency medical service helicopters comprising the AW119Kx, AW169 and AW139 models were ordered in 2016 establishing the largest EMS helicopter program nationwide in China.
The presence of Leonardo in China grows stronger with more than 180 helicopters sold to Chinese customers to date for commercial and public services. 2016 has set a new record with more than 20 helicopters delivered to China. The growing fleet is supported by an increased customer support presence, recently enhanced by the opening of a major warehouse facility in Shanghai.
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours