Leonardo and Shanghai Zenisun Investment Co., Ltd (Shanghai Zenisun) announced today they will strengthen their strategic cooperation in the Chinese civil helicopter market by renewing the existing Distributorship Agreement with Sino-US Intercontinental, part of Shanghai Zenisun, as the sole distributor in China (including Hong Kong and Macau) of Leonardo’s civil products. These include the AW119, AW169, AW139, AW189 helicopter models. The parties will initiate joint efforts on local training and local completion center capability setup. Through these initiatives Shanghai Zenisun is established as the preferred, leading strategic cooperation partner of Leonardo for civil helicopter sales in China.
Chinese customers will benefit from local training and industrialization cooperation between Leonardo and Shanghai Zenisun, leveraging the extensive collaboration in sales and after-sales services. Sino-US Intercontinental has so far placed orders for over 80 helicopters comprising AW119Kx, GrandNew, AW169, AW139 and AW189 helicopters. Fifty-five emergency medical service helicopters comprising the AW119Kx, AW169 and AW139 models were ordered in 2016 establishing the largest EMS helicopter program nationwide in China.
The presence of Leonardo in China grows stronger with more than 180 helicopters sold to Chinese customers to date for commercial and public services. 2016 has set a new record with more than 20 helicopters delivered to China. The growing fleet is supported by an increased customer support presence, recently enhanced by the opening of a major warehouse facility in Shanghai.
- Full Ice clearance for AW169 delayed by COVID19
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- Abaco wins cabin computer contract with helicopter OEM
- Change of date for EASA Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020
- Foreign Military Sale to Romania for Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Romania of Naval Strike Missile (NSM) Coastal Defense Systems (CDS)
- Devon Air Ambulance is targeted by bright lights
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 16 Oct 20
- British Helicopter Association announces winner of annual Eric Brown Award
- Longbow awarded $32M contract for spare parts kits for AH-64E
- Garmin announces 2021 Virtual Format Pilot Training Classes
- Babcock starts Total contract from Aberdeen
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- First NH90 delivered to the Spanish Air Force for SAR missions
- Philippine Coast Guard takes delivery of second H145
- Life Link III Acquires FlightBridgeED
- Study supports EMS use of piloted multicopters
- Helicoper link reopens to Kedarnath pilgrimage site
- Kawasaki puts supercharged H2R engine in a helicopter
- ASU President Announces Retirement
- MD Helicopters Awarded Two Army Contracting Command MD530F Contracts