Leonardo and Shanghai Zenisun Investment Co., Ltd (Shanghai Zenisun) announced today they will strengthen their strategic cooperation in the Chinese civil helicopter market by renewing the existing Distributorship Agreement with Sino-US Intercontinental, part of Shanghai Zenisun, as the sole distributor in China (including Hong Kong and Macau) of Leonardo’s civil products. These include the AW119, AW169, AW139, AW189 helicopter models. The parties will initiate joint efforts on local training and local completion center capability setup. Through these initiatives Shanghai Zenisun is established as the preferred, leading strategic cooperation partner of Leonardo for civil helicopter sales in China.
Chinese customers will benefit from local training and industrialization cooperation between Leonardo and Shanghai Zenisun, leveraging the extensive collaboration in sales and after-sales services. Sino-US Intercontinental has so far placed orders for over 80 helicopters comprising AW119Kx, GrandNew, AW169, AW139 and AW189 helicopters. Fifty-five emergency medical service helicopters comprising the AW119Kx, AW169 and AW139 models were ordered in 2016 establishing the largest EMS helicopter program nationwide in China.
The presence of Leonardo in China grows stronger with more than 180 helicopters sold to Chinese customers to date for commercial and public services. 2016 has set a new record with more than 20 helicopters delivered to China. The growing fleet is supported by an increased customer support presence, recently enhanced by the opening of a major warehouse facility in Shanghai.
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose to control satellite airfield remotely
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters
- NHV awarded contract by Allseas Engineering
- Volocopter Raises €200 Million in Series D Funding Round
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms