LifePort, a Sikorsky company, announced today that it has delivered four shipsets of cabin and cockpit floor armor for Columbia Helicopters’ 107-II aircraft (commercial equivalent to the Boeing CH-46). The armor is designed to protect crew members while operating in hazardous environments. Sikorsky is a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT).
Through years of experience and customer collaboration, LifePort incorporated a new design and delivered a lightweight armor solution on an aggressive schedule. The armor panels are encapsulated with LifePort’s LifeGard protective coating, providing enhanced durability to support cargo transport in the Columbia107-II.
“Columbia Helicopters extends its heartfelt gratitude to LifePort for a job well-done in advance of the contracted commit date. The timeline was very compressed, and we are very pleased with the outcome,” said Chris Hankland, director of supply chain for Columbia Helicopters. “LifePort’s partnership in the design and development process as well as its commitment to collaboration is exceptional, and the pre-fielding response of flight and maintenance crew personnel to the new product is very positive.”
“Our relationship with Columbia Helicopters is a great example of how LifePort views themselves as a partner for every customer. By working together to better understand the mission profile we were able to field the latest technology in ballistic protection materials while decreasing total system weight by about 20 percent compared with current ballistic systems,” said Dwayne Starnes, armor general manager for LifePort.
LifePort has more than 25 years of experience developing and manufacturing military applications for fixed and rotor wing aircraft, and this current upgrade to the legacy product further showcases the innovation, collaboration, and commitment to our customers and the market.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO