CAE-Líder, the joint venture between CAE and Líder Aviação, and Leonardo Helicopters announced today at the 2017 Heli Expo the signature of an agreement to designate CAE-Líder as the Recognised Flight Simulation Centre (RFSC) for the delivery of OEM quality AW139 flight simulator hours supporting training in South America.
The recently deployed AW139 full-flight simulator (FFS), jointly developed by CAE and Leonardo Helicopters, has been qualified to Level D, the highest qualification for flight simulators by the Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil (ANAC) of Brazil. The CAE 3000 Series FFS has been ready for training since Fall 2016, supporting initial, recurrent and offshore oil and gas training for AW139 pilots in Saõ Paulo, Brazil and throughout South America.
“We are proud to designate CAE-Líder as the regional flight simulation centre supporting the delivery of AW139 training in this significant market, said Daniele Romiti, Managing Director, Leonardo Helicopters. This agreement marks another evolutionary step forward in the growth and development of Leonardo Helicopter’s global training network and its commitment to supporting its customers as close as possible to the point of operations”.
“It is an honor to build on our training partnership with Leonardo Helicopters and for our flight simulation training centre to receive Leonardo’s approval, bringing the first high-fidelity AW139 training solution to the South American market,” said Nick Leontidis, CAE’s Group President, Civil Aviation Training Solutions. “This approval reaffirms our dedication to provide high-quality training to our partners.”
“We are delighted to be part of this partnership, reinforcing our investment in providing high-quality and safety mission-specific training to both our pilots and customers in the region” said Eduardo Vaz, Líder Aviação CEO.
This arrangement also includes a very close working relationship including courseware and training standards with Leonardo’s flagship A Marchetti Training Academy in Italy, which will support the approval process of the RFSC, and Leonardo Helicopters in Brazil who collaborates with CAE-Líder operationally
- Helijet Announces Results of the Special Meeting
- Bristow Provides Update on Status of SEC Filings
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- Leonardo and PWNE add AW189 simulator to Service Agreement in Malaysia
- Alpha Aviation Purchases Anchorage Helicopter Tours
- HeliOffshore Helideck Work Group Reports on Top Five Safety Events
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $7M Contract for V-22 Modification
- Raytheon testing AI to improve CV-22 maintenance planning
- FleckDecks Awarded $17M Contract for V-22 and MV-22 Procurement
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Recognize The Best of Vertical Aviation
- Akagera Aviation celebrates a decade of successful operations in Rwanda
- Airbus and Safran team-up for greener vertical flight
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Appoints President & General Manager
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan