CAE-Líder, the joint venture between CAE and Líder Aviação, and Leonardo Helicopters announced today at the 2017 Heli Expo the signature of an agreement to designate CAE-Líder as the Recognised Flight Simulation Centre (RFSC) for the delivery of OEM quality AW139 flight simulator hours supporting training in South America.
The recently deployed AW139 full-flight simulator (FFS), jointly developed by CAE and Leonardo Helicopters, has been qualified to Level D, the highest qualification for flight simulators by the Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil (ANAC) of Brazil. The CAE 3000 Series FFS has been ready for training since Fall 2016, supporting initial, recurrent and offshore oil and gas training for AW139 pilots in Saõ Paulo, Brazil and throughout South America.
“We are proud to designate CAE-Líder as the regional flight simulation centre supporting the delivery of AW139 training in this significant market, said Daniele Romiti, Managing Director, Leonardo Helicopters. This agreement marks another evolutionary step forward in the growth and development of Leonardo Helicopter’s global training network and its commitment to supporting its customers as close as possible to the point of operations”.
“It is an honor to build on our training partnership with Leonardo Helicopters and for our flight simulation training centre to receive Leonardo’s approval, bringing the first high-fidelity AW139 training solution to the South American market,” said Nick Leontidis, CAE’s Group President, Civil Aviation Training Solutions. “This approval reaffirms our dedication to provide high-quality training to our partners.”
“We are delighted to be part of this partnership, reinforcing our investment in providing high-quality and safety mission-specific training to both our pilots and customers in the region” said Eduardo Vaz, Líder Aviação CEO.
This arrangement also includes a very close working relationship including courseware and training standards with Leonardo’s flagship A Marchetti Training Academy in Italy, which will support the approval process of the RFSC, and Leonardo Helicopters in Brazil who collaborates with CAE-Líder operationally
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade