CAE-Líder, the joint venture between CAE and Líder Aviação, and Leonardo Helicopters announced today at the 2017 Heli Expo the signature of an agreement to designate CAE-Líder as the Recognised Flight Simulation Centre (RFSC) for the delivery of OEM quality AW139 flight simulator hours supporting training in South America.
The recently deployed AW139 full-flight simulator (FFS), jointly developed by CAE and Leonardo Helicopters, has been qualified to Level D, the highest qualification for flight simulators by the Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil (ANAC) of Brazil. The CAE 3000 Series FFS has been ready for training since Fall 2016, supporting initial, recurrent and offshore oil and gas training for AW139 pilots in Saõ Paulo, Brazil and throughout South America.
“We are proud to designate CAE-Líder as the regional flight simulation centre supporting the delivery of AW139 training in this significant market, said Daniele Romiti, Managing Director, Leonardo Helicopters. This agreement marks another evolutionary step forward in the growth and development of Leonardo Helicopter’s global training network and its commitment to supporting its customers as close as possible to the point of operations”.
“It is an honor to build on our training partnership with Leonardo Helicopters and for our flight simulation training centre to receive Leonardo’s approval, bringing the first high-fidelity AW139 training solution to the South American market,” said Nick Leontidis, CAE’s Group President, Civil Aviation Training Solutions. “This approval reaffirms our dedication to provide high-quality training to our partners.”
“We are delighted to be part of this partnership, reinforcing our investment in providing high-quality and safety mission-specific training to both our pilots and customers in the region” said Eduardo Vaz, Líder Aviação CEO.
This arrangement also includes a very close working relationship including courseware and training standards with Leonardo’s flagship A Marchetti Training Academy in Italy, which will support the approval process of the RFSC, and Leonardo Helicopters in Brazil who collaborates with CAE-Líder operationally
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- PHi report on results for the year to 31 December 2018
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- Hensoldt enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring