Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, continues to extend its long-standing tradition of serving the United States armed forces by providing support for the Airbus UH-72A Lakota. Based on Airbus Helicopters’ H145/EC145 platform, the UH-72A is a light utility helicopter used for a variety of missions including training, homeland security, drug interdiction, logistics and medical evacuation.
Vector supports the UH-72A for the U.S. Navy Test Pilot School (USNTPS) at Patuxent River, MD. Vector also recently completed Lakota support contracts for the U.S. Army at Fort Polk, LA, Fort Rucker, AL, and Huntsville, AL.
Vector has been an Airbus Helicopters Service Center for I- and O-level repairs on the H145/EC145 since 2012. The company is an FAA-approved and TCCA-approved Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO) structural and composite repair station, and an FAA-approved and TCCA-approved AMO for specialized electrical and avionics repair and modification, including aircraft re-wire. Vector is also an FAA-approved repair station for major H145/EC145 inspections and for all recurring and non-scheduled maintenance on the platform, offering complete in-house paint capability on the type.
“We are well-known for our nose-to-tail MRO support of the H125/AS350, H130/EC130 and the H225/AS332 Super Puma, but perhaps less so for Airbus Helicopters’ light twin platforms such as the H145/EC145 and H135/EC135,” said Rick Pataky, Vice President of Operations, Andalusia, AL. “I believe that being entrusted to provide support for the UH-72A Lakota in operation with the U.S. Army and U.S. Navy is a testimony to the outstanding level of expertise and customer service that Vector provides for this platform.”
Vector Aerospace provides worldwide support for all models of the Airbus Helicopters H125/AS350, AS355, H130/EC130, BO105, H135/EC135, BK117, H145/EC145, AS332 and H225/EC225 families.
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Bell and Moog Collaborate