Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, continues to extend its long-standing tradition of serving the United States armed forces by providing support for the Airbus UH-72A Lakota. Based on Airbus Helicopters’ H145/EC145 platform, the UH-72A is a light utility helicopter used for a variety of missions including training, homeland security, drug interdiction, logistics and medical evacuation.
Vector supports the UH-72A for the U.S. Navy Test Pilot School (USNTPS) at Patuxent River, MD. Vector also recently completed Lakota support contracts for the U.S. Army at Fort Polk, LA, Fort Rucker, AL, and Huntsville, AL.
Vector has been an Airbus Helicopters Service Center for I- and O-level repairs on the H145/EC145 since 2012. The company is an FAA-approved and TCCA-approved Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO) structural and composite repair station, and an FAA-approved and TCCA-approved AMO for specialized electrical and avionics repair and modification, including aircraft re-wire. Vector is also an FAA-approved repair station for major H145/EC145 inspections and for all recurring and non-scheduled maintenance on the platform, offering complete in-house paint capability on the type.
“We are well-known for our nose-to-tail MRO support of the H125/AS350, H130/EC130 and the H225/AS332 Super Puma, but perhaps less so for Airbus Helicopters’ light twin platforms such as the H145/EC145 and H135/EC135,” said Rick Pataky, Vice President of Operations, Andalusia, AL. “I believe that being entrusted to provide support for the UH-72A Lakota in operation with the U.S. Army and U.S. Navy is a testimony to the outstanding level of expertise and customer service that Vector provides for this platform.”
Vector Aerospace provides worldwide support for all models of the Airbus Helicopters H125/AS350, AS355, H130/EC130, BO105, H135/EC135, BK117, H145/EC145, AS332 and H225/EC225 families.
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH
- RUAG STC integrates customized avionics and night vision capabilities
- Sikorsky Teamsters Win the Ergo Cup
- ARH Tiger support contract extension announced
- Era Helicopters Wins 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas Award