Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has signed a two-year engine support contract with the Comando Generale della Guardia di Finanza (Italian Financial Police).
The contract covers the maintenance, repair and overhaul of Rolls-Royce M250 engines installed on the agency’s fleet of NH500 light turbine helicopters, a locally produced version of the MD Helicopters MD 500. This is the first major contract to be awarded to Vector Aerospace by a branch of the Italian government.
“We are pleased to sign this contract with the Italian Financial Police, and we look forward to providing outstanding support to our new and valued customer over the next two years,” said Craig Pluim, Vice President, Sales, Rotary-Wing at Vector Aerospace.
Vector Aerospace has over 25 years of experience supporting the Rolls-Royce M250 series of engines as an Authorized Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Center (AMROC), with full capability in Richmond, BC, Canada and with branch locations in Dallas, TX USA and Fleetlands, Gosport, UK. Vector offers complete MRO support for the M250 product line, including borescope inspection, failure analysis, freewheel shaft R&O, model conversions, in-house test capability and global field service support. Vector also offers its customers a pool of lease and exchange M250 engines and engine parts.
In addition, Vector is a Honeywell Authorized Repair & Overhaul Center for fuel control units and power turbine governors on M250 series engines, and a Triumph Engine Control Systems Authorized Repair & Overhaul Center for hydromechanical units (HMUs) on M250-C47/C40 series engines.
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019