Waypoint Leasing (Ireland) Limited (“Waypoint”), the largest independent global helicopter leasing company, today announced that it has signed an agreement to lease an Airbus H145 helicopter to Acher Aviation (“Acher”), a leading operator in South Africa, supporting offshore oil and gas operations.
Con Barber, Director of Middle East & Africa Sales and Relationship Management at Waypoint, said, “This is Waypoint’s first H145 lease for offshore oil and gas missions, demonstrating the utility and versatility of the helicopter. We are confident that the H145 will add significant value to Acher’s operations and catalyze future opportunities in South Africa and further afield. While this will be our first lease agreement with Acher, we already have a deep relationship with the operator and its leaders, and we look forward to building on it further in the future.”
Ed Washecka, Chief Executive Officer of Waypoint, said, “This lease further underscores Waypoint’s global outlook and our growing presence in Africa, where we now serve customers in eight countries. We are enthusiastic about introducing the H145 into the offshore market and believe that this aircraft will demonstrate the significant opportunities for modern light/medium twins in the segment, which has been traditionally served by legacy helicopter platforms. We believe that this will be the first of many H145 leases to offshore operators.”
Stuart Low, CEO of Acher Aviation, said, “We anticipate this new H145 will enhance Acher’s operational capabilities and fulfill our customers’ demand for a fully OGP compliant modern light/medium twin helicopter. We have found Waypoint to be flexible and responsive to our needs and look forward to growing our relationship with them under this lease.”
Since its inception in 2013, Waypoint has been active in supporting oil and gas, utility, firefighting and other industrial-focused helicopter operators. Waypoint’s portfolio includes more than 140 aircraft for 28 customers in 30 countries with total assets in excess of $1.6 billion. Additionally, Waypoint has firm and option orders with aircraft manufacturers for more than 110 helicopters valued at more than $1.3 billion, to be delivered over the next five years.
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team