Astronautics Corporation of America and Vector Aerospace have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to work together to obtain supplemental type certificates (STCs) for installation of the Astronautics RoadRunner electronic flight instrument (EFI).
As part of the agreement, Astronautics will be a preferred supplier to Vector, providing certified equipment, in addition to technical and product integration support. Vector will provide integration and support efforts, as well as STC development.
Astronautics and Vector will collaboratively pursue RoadRunner EFI retrofit applications for various aircraft, including Airbus Helicopters AS350, Bell 212, 412, and UH-1 rotary-wing aircraft.
The RoadRunner EFI has been designed as a drop-in replacement for current attitude direction indicator and horizontal situation indicator primary flight instruments, offering helicopter operators enhanced safety, reduction in operating costs, and minimal downtime.
“This MoU with Vector will help get the RoadRunner EFI to market faster so more operators can take advantage of the enhanced safety and reliability this product offers,” said Astronautics Vice President of Business Development and Product Strategy Dan Ryan. “We are excited to introduce the RoadRunner EFI to operators as a way to modernize their legacy aircraft with added capability.”
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus exceeds $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats