Astronautics Corporation of America and Vector Aerospace have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to work together to obtain supplemental type certificates (STCs) for installation of the Astronautics RoadRunner electronic flight instrument (EFI).
As part of the agreement, Astronautics will be a preferred supplier to Vector, providing certified equipment, in addition to technical and product integration support. Vector will provide integration and support efforts, as well as STC development.
Astronautics and Vector will collaboratively pursue RoadRunner EFI retrofit applications for various aircraft, including Airbus Helicopters AS350, Bell 212, 412, and UH-1 rotary-wing aircraft.
The RoadRunner EFI has been designed as a drop-in replacement for current attitude direction indicator and horizontal situation indicator primary flight instruments, offering helicopter operators enhanced safety, reduction in operating costs, and minimal downtime.
“This MoU with Vector will help get the RoadRunner EFI to market faster so more operators can take advantage of the enhanced safety and reliability this product offers,” said Astronautics Vice President of Business Development and Product Strategy Dan Ryan. “We are excited to introduce the RoadRunner EFI to operators as a way to modernize their legacy aircraft with added capability.”
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™