Astronautics Corporation of America and Vector Aerospace have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to work together to obtain supplemental type certificates (STCs) for installation of the Astronautics RoadRunner electronic flight instrument (EFI).
As part of the agreement, Astronautics will be a preferred supplier to Vector, providing certified equipment, in addition to technical and product integration support. Vector will provide integration and support efforts, as well as STC development.
Astronautics and Vector will collaboratively pursue RoadRunner EFI retrofit applications for various aircraft, including Airbus Helicopters AS350, Bell 212, 412, and UH-1 rotary-wing aircraft.
The RoadRunner EFI has been designed as a drop-in replacement for current attitude direction indicator and horizontal situation indicator primary flight instruments, offering helicopter operators enhanced safety, reduction in operating costs, and minimal downtime.
“This MoU with Vector will help get the RoadRunner EFI to market faster so more operators can take advantage of the enhanced safety and reliability this product offers,” said Astronautics Vice President of Business Development and Product Strategy Dan Ryan. “We are excited to introduce the RoadRunner EFI to operators as a way to modernize their legacy aircraft with added capability.”
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Bell and Moog Collaborate
- UK MoD details Sea King asbestos risk – and how to claim
- Schiebel doubles Camcopter S-100 production capacity
- Aspen Avionics Names Vice President of Operations
- Association of Air Ambulances Charity relaunches as Air Ambulances UK
- Arts Council renews Helicopter Museum Accreditation
- Able Breaks Ground on Major Mesa
- Donaldson appoints Account Executive for Rotorcraft
- BLADE Launches Urban Air Mobility Pilot Program
- SUU Aviation Program Adds a New Helicopter
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- AAMS responds to CNN article on air ambulance pricing
- Saskatchewan renews 10 year STARS funding contract
- Managing Director at Babcock and HeliOffshore board member shares thoughts on safety
- Garmin® awarded supplier of the year by Airbus Helicopters