Astronautics Corporation of America and Vector Aerospace have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to work together to obtain supplemental type certificates (STCs) for installation of the Astronautics RoadRunner electronic flight instrument (EFI).
As part of the agreement, Astronautics will be a preferred supplier to Vector, providing certified equipment, in addition to technical and product integration support. Vector will provide integration and support efforts, as well as STC development.
Astronautics and Vector will collaboratively pursue RoadRunner EFI retrofit applications for various aircraft, including Airbus Helicopters AS350, Bell 212, 412, and UH-1 rotary-wing aircraft.
The RoadRunner EFI has been designed as a drop-in replacement for current attitude direction indicator and horizontal situation indicator primary flight instruments, offering helicopter operators enhanced safety, reduction in operating costs, and minimal downtime.
“This MoU with Vector will help get the RoadRunner EFI to market faster so more operators can take advantage of the enhanced safety and reliability this product offers,” said Astronautics Vice President of Business Development and Product Strategy Dan Ryan. “We are excited to introduce the RoadRunner EFI to operators as a way to modernize their legacy aircraft with added capability.”
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways