Two UK air ambulance charities have recently collaborated to create a new post – under the title of Head of Operations, the candidate will be responsible to the CEOs off both organisations. The person taking up this role “will act as a senior member of the charities’ management teams with specific responsibilities for the delivery and ongoing development of the air ambulance operations”.
Thames Valley Air Ambulance and Hampshire & Isle of Wight Air Ambulance retained Greys Search and Selection to find a candidate to cover the new role. The two are geographically adjacent, and already have ties with each other – it was no coincidence that each upgraded to new EC135T3s (ahead of the type being renamed H135) around the same time, and both contract with Babcock MCS Onshore for the provision of pilots, maintenance spare aircraft etc.
The charities have a long and successful history of cooperation and operationally they work very closely together. Both their aircraft and operating patterns are the same and both services work within the NHS Ambulance Service region (South Central) As a result of this partnership, having one Head of Operations, to oversee both operations and speak with “one voice” to the ambulance service stakeholder, is key.
In the past the charities covering Essex and Hertfordshire combined into a single organisation, but what other possibilities does this raise? Yes, this is just one role, but with the two organisations operating closer together, what other jobs could be merged? Will it one day translate into the two charities merging into one?
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role
- Aspen Avionics’ Evolution E5 Receives STC
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- Ornge AW139s to receive new stretcher system
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy