As the Bell 505 gets certified and starts flying with customers, it is thus appropriate to mark the final closure of the Bell 206 series production lines. Bell have recently confirmed to HeliHub.com that 2017 is indeed the last year of production for the seven seat 206L4 LongRanger IV. The five seat Bell 206B JetRanger line closed back in 2010.
Only four months ago we noted that 88% of the 206L4 production over the last two years was for one customer – Air Evac Lifeteam –
If you look at the last six years, Bell have built 69 Bell 206L4 LongRanger 4 helicopters – serial numbers 52423 to 52491 – and 49 were for Air Evac Lifeteam, 71% of the total.
But it begs the question as to what Bell might offer in the future for a 6-7 seat single turbine. Is a Bell 505L LongRanger X a possibility? We are sure Bell would not want to leave that market to the AW119Kx and the EC130 (and perhaps the MD6XX being shown in concept form by MD Helicopters at Heli-Expo this week).
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit