On 3 March GKN Aerospace’s Fokker business and the Royal Netherlands Air Force (RNLAF) have signed a multi-million Euro total support agreement for a five-year period, covering standard parts supply and services for all of the RNLAF’s aircraft, helicopters and multiple support systems. After the five-year period, the contract can be extended twice for a period of one year.
The total support solution covers the delivery of the standard parts and additional services such as transportation, management of storage systems, forecasting and stock storage.
RNLAF fleet of Apache, Chinook and Cougar helicopters, as well as the F-16’s, PC-7’s and the KDC-10 tanker aircraft, are included in the contract. The total support solution will be delivered from the Fokker facility in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands.
Fokker was selected in 2012 by NHIndustries as standard parts provider for all NH90 helicopters worldwide and holds a strong position as an integrated after-market service provider for Airbus, Boeing, Fokker and Bombardier aircraft.
Commodore Mario Verbeek said “This is an important innovative performance-based contract which will directly contribute to the readiness of the Royal Netherlands Air Force. I am very proud and happy to take this important step together with our strategic partner GKN Aerospace Fokker.”
Paul Vorstermans, Vice President at Fokker Services said: “Fokker is proud to be selected for long-term total support of the RNLAF fleet. We recognise and appreciate the confidence that the RNLAF has demonstrated in our team and we look forward to further develop our relationship. This contract will enhance the position of Fokker in the military support market providing a total support solution for this specific group of parts.”
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey
- Leonardo CEO Profumo given 6 year jail sentence and €2.5M file
- US Marine Corps retires AH-1W Cobra after 34 years
- NHV Group appoints Head of Commercial
- Simrik Air has initiated air ambulance services for COVID-19 patients
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Helipad reopens at Ellwood City Medical Center
- Russian Helicopters delivers five Mi-8MTV-1