On 3 March GKN Aerospace’s Fokker business and the Royal Netherlands Air Force (RNLAF) have signed a multi-million Euro total support agreement for a five-year period, covering standard parts supply and services for all of the RNLAF’s aircraft, helicopters and multiple support systems. After the five-year period, the contract can be extended twice for a period of one year.
The total support solution covers the delivery of the standard parts and additional services such as transportation, management of storage systems, forecasting and stock storage.
RNLAF fleet of Apache, Chinook and Cougar helicopters, as well as the F-16’s, PC-7’s and the KDC-10 tanker aircraft, are included in the contract. The total support solution will be delivered from the Fokker facility in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands.
Fokker was selected in 2012 by NHIndustries as standard parts provider for all NH90 helicopters worldwide and holds a strong position as an integrated after-market service provider for Airbus, Boeing, Fokker and Bombardier aircraft.
Commodore Mario Verbeek said “This is an important innovative performance-based contract which will directly contribute to the readiness of the Royal Netherlands Air Force. I am very proud and happy to take this important step together with our strategic partner GKN Aerospace Fokker.”
Paul Vorstermans, Vice President at Fokker Services said: “Fokker is proud to be selected for long-term total support of the RNLAF fleet. We recognise and appreciate the confidence that the RNLAF has demonstrated in our team and we look forward to further develop our relationship. This contract will enhance the position of Fokker in the military support market providing a total support solution for this specific group of parts.”
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet