Concorde Battery Corporation is pleased to announce that Rotorcraft Support Inc. of Van Nuys California has received a FAA STC to install the RG-427, 34 Ah battery, in Bell 407 and Bell 427 helicopters.
Operators have requested a higher capacity battery for the Bell 407 as this helicopter is often used in high cyclic and short leg operations. In these types of operations, the original equipment 28 Ah battery is not getting fully recharged causing starting performance during successive engine starts to degrade and shorten battery life. The decrease in power also causes unnecessary wear on engine components.
Air Ambulance and Oil & Gas fleets conduct some of the highest cycle operations. These operators will realize an increase in starting power and improved performance after upgrading to the RG-427, 34 Ah, 24 volt battery that is packed with over 20% more power than the 28 Ah battery.
Rotorcraft Support Inc. has added the RG-427 to their FAA approved STC SR01456LA for the Bell 407. This STC was also upgraded to include RG-407, 27 Ah, and RG-427 installation approval on Bell 427 helicopters. This is the first FAA STC approved for Recombinant Gas (RG®) sealed lead acid batteries in the Bell 427!
Concorde has supplied lead acid batteries as original equipment and direct replacements for fixed wing, rotorcraft and unmanned aircraft for decades. Concorde offers over 100 unique batteries installed as original equipment by the majority of aircraft manufacturers and adopted by military aircraft operators worldwide.
Rotorcraft Support, Inc., has been in business since 1986, and is a full service helicopter maintenance facility located at the Van Nuys Airport in Southern California. RSI`s helicopter maintenance and helicopter repair services are beyond compare. Their reputation for safety, precision work and responsiveness has earned them respect in the helicopter community. They value that respect, and continuously strive to maintain this level of excellence in their organization.
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work