The simulator comprises a large curved screen in the cockpit and 42-inch touch screen monitor in the rear compartment. The system enables members of the public to experience a helicopter take off as well as giving them the opportunity to learn more about the aircraft (EC135 helicopter), the aircrew and the on board medical equipment it carries.
This technology is housed in a trailer mounted helipod that the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity takes to locations throughout the year as part of its public engagement and fundraising activities.
Internal fit-out of the helipod has been provided by Telford-based Torton Bodies. A licence for the operation of GL Studio on the touch screen has been donated by Antycip Simulation Systems.
Other regional air ambulance organisations are also showing an interest in the technology as a new way of interacting with the public and gaining their support, along with the potential opportunity to use the simulator as a rear fuselage, aero medical training aid.
SEA Business Development Executive Andy McGowan explained: “We have supplied our simulation technology to military and civil customers around the world but this is the first time that we have carried out work for an air ambulance organisation. The technology enables public interaction with the airframe and its equipment and for them to gain a better understanding of the air ambulance service. It also holds considerable potential for training.”
Jason Levy, fundraising and marketing director for Midlands Air Ambulance Charity added: “We are really pleased with the technology provided by SEA, which will see its first roll out at the Cheltenham Festival.
The charity will be fundraising throughout the four days of the festival and will have one of our three air ambulances based at the Festival, to support operations during the event should an incident arise. The new technology in our helipod will allow the public to learn about the lifesaving work the charity undertakes and highlight the vitally important part they play in fundraising to save lives.”
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade