The 60.5 acre (24.5 hectare) site includes two hangars, a terminal building, offices and storage accommodation, as well as an air traffic control facility. The buildings total around 33,445 sq ft ( 3,107 sq m) of accommodation. Apart from roadways and the concrete helicopter landing areas, the majority of the site is un-surfaced, with two grassed runways. The site has a long frontage to Caister Road, adjacent to Great Yarmouth Stadium.
Roche Chartered Surveyors of Norwich have been instructed to handle the sale and are seeking expressions of interest and offers in the site as a whole, or for parts of it.
‘We anticipate that the site will generate a lot of interest from a wide range of potential occupiers and developers’, commented James Allen of Roche Chartered Surveyors. “The site clearly has potential for continued aviation use but the prospects of this seem unlikely and therefore alternative commercial uses and development are likely to be the focus of interest in the site. The input of Great Yarmouth Borough Council, as planning authority, is being sought and will be a factor in deciding the future ownership and use of this significant site,” he added.
- MRO Insider Unveils AOG Mobile Application Preview for NBAA-BACE
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials in Finland
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent