The 60.5 acre (24.5 hectare) site includes two hangars, a terminal building, offices and storage accommodation, as well as an air traffic control facility. The buildings total around 33,445 sq ft ( 3,107 sq m) of accommodation. Apart from roadways and the concrete helicopter landing areas, the majority of the site is un-surfaced, with two grassed runways. The site has a long frontage to Caister Road, adjacent to Great Yarmouth Stadium.
Roche Chartered Surveyors of Norwich have been instructed to handle the sale and are seeking expressions of interest and offers in the site as a whole, or for parts of it.
‘We anticipate that the site will generate a lot of interest from a wide range of potential occupiers and developers’, commented James Allen of Roche Chartered Surveyors. “The site clearly has potential for continued aviation use but the prospects of this seem unlikely and therefore alternative commercial uses and development are likely to be the focus of interest in the site. The input of Great Yarmouth Borough Council, as planning authority, is being sought and will be a factor in deciding the future ownership and use of this significant site,” he added.
- LA Fire Department adds 5th AW139 helicopter
- Schiebel demostrates comint and imaging payloads of S-100 Camcopter®
- CHC Announces New Contract with OMV
- California Army National Guard newest helicopters
- Italian National Fire Corps to enhance its emergency multirole airborne capabilities
- Uttah Pradesh Government launches four new tourist heli flights
- Sri Lankan Air Force carry out first aerial seeding operation
- India approves Donaldson IBFs in AW139 and H130
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role
- Aspen Avionics’ Evolution E5 Receives STC
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- Ornge AW139s to receive new stretcher system
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA