The 60.5 acre (24.5 hectare) site includes two hangars, a terminal building, offices and storage accommodation, as well as an air traffic control facility. The buildings total around 33,445 sq ft ( 3,107 sq m) of accommodation. Apart from roadways and the concrete helicopter landing areas, the majority of the site is un-surfaced, with two grassed runways. The site has a long frontage to Caister Road, adjacent to Great Yarmouth Stadium.
Roche Chartered Surveyors of Norwich have been instructed to handle the sale and are seeking expressions of interest and offers in the site as a whole, or for parts of it.
‘We anticipate that the site will generate a lot of interest from a wide range of potential occupiers and developers’, commented James Allen of Roche Chartered Surveyors. “The site clearly has potential for continued aviation use but the prospects of this seem unlikely and therefore alternative commercial uses and development are likely to be the focus of interest in the site. The input of Great Yarmouth Borough Council, as planning authority, is being sought and will be a factor in deciding the future ownership and use of this significant site,” he added.
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s