Leonardo’s presence in the Philippines is expanding with the recent delivery of an AgustaWestland AW119Kx and a GrandNew to corporate clients, with the scheduled delivery of the first AW169 sold in the Philippines and another AW139 in the next few months. Both the AW169 and AW139 will be used for VIP/corporate transport. These deliveries add to the success already achieved by the AW109 Power, in operation with corporate customers in the country. Leonardo has also a strong presence in the Philippines’ military helicopter market.
Leonardo’s range of commercial helicopters in the Philippines are supported by Royal Star Aviation Maintenance & Services, an Authorized Service Centre located in Manila, and the Leonardo Helicopters regional support centre and training academy located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The AW119Kx is the most spacious and powerful single-engine helicopter for a wide range of missions. It features an integrated flight deck system for enhanced situational awareness, a Synthetic Vision System with Highway in the Sky (HITS) depiction, moving map and a Helicopter Terrain Avoidance Warning System (HTAWS). The spacious cabin can accommodate up to six passengers.
The GrandNew is the premium, latest-generation light twin helicopter, evolved from the globally successful Grand platform, enhanced with the latest satellite navigation systems for all weather operations. Pilots benefit from advanced avionics, which minimizes crew workload, while passengers can enjoy the luxurious and spacious six seat cabin.
The AW169 is a new generation 8-10 seat light intermediate twin-turbine helicopter, featuring class-leading performance and latest safety standards in its category. The first all new helicopter in its class in more than 30 years, the AW169 has rapidly become the market leader.
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas