Leonardo’s presence in the Philippines is expanding with the recent delivery of an AgustaWestland AW119Kx and a GrandNew to corporate clients, with the scheduled delivery of the first AW169 sold in the Philippines and another AW139 in the next few months. Both the AW169 and AW139 will be used for VIP/corporate transport. These deliveries add to the success already achieved by the AW109 Power, in operation with corporate customers in the country. Leonardo has also a strong presence in the Philippines’ military helicopter market.
Leonardo’s range of commercial helicopters in the Philippines are supported by Royal Star Aviation Maintenance & Services, an Authorized Service Centre located in Manila, and the Leonardo Helicopters regional support centre and training academy located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The AW119Kx is the most spacious and powerful single-engine helicopter for a wide range of missions. It features an integrated flight deck system for enhanced situational awareness, a Synthetic Vision System with Highway in the Sky (HITS) depiction, moving map and a Helicopter Terrain Avoidance Warning System (HTAWS). The spacious cabin can accommodate up to six passengers.
The GrandNew is the premium, latest-generation light twin helicopter, evolved from the globally successful Grand platform, enhanced with the latest satellite navigation systems for all weather operations. Pilots benefit from advanced avionics, which minimizes crew workload, while passengers can enjoy the luxurious and spacious six seat cabin.
The AW169 is a new generation 8-10 seat light intermediate twin-turbine helicopter, featuring class-leading performance and latest safety standards in its category. The first all new helicopter in its class in more than 30 years, the AW169 has rapidly become the market leader.
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters