JSC Rosoboronexport (part of the Rostec State Corporation) will organize a Russian display at the LAAD 2017 Latin American Defence and Security Exhibition. The exhibition supported by the Brazilian Ministry of Defense will be held at the RIOCENTRO exhibition center (Rio de Janeiro) on April 4-7, 2017.
Russia’s official delegation to the exhibition will be led by Anatoliy Punchuk, Deputy Director of the Russian Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation. Rosoboronexport’s delegation will be headed by the company’s Deputy Director General Sergey Ladygin.
“Russia considers Latin America as one of the most promising regions from the perspective of military-technical cooperation. At present Rosoboronexport competes in tenders and pursues a number of options to supply aircraft equipment, helicopters and AD systems to Argentina, Brazil, Columbia, Mexico and Peru. Regional countries have also expressed their interest in military equipment used by security forces in their war on corruption, terrorism and illegal drug trafficking”, – Sergey Ladygin said.
The joint Russian display features the stands of 4 Russia’s leading defense enterprises and occupies over 170 square meters in Exhibition Hall 3 (stand P.50). The display showcases over 350 exhibit items. Rosoboronexport will present over 180 pieces of military equipment for all branches at the exhibition in Rio de Janeiro.
Rosoboronexport’s experts believe that the best regional prospects lie with the Yak-130 combat trainer, MiG-29M multirole tactical fighter and Su-35 multirole air superiority fighter. Russian helicopters that may catch the interest of foreign customers include the Mi-28NE, Ka-52 and Mi-35M attack helicopters, Mi-26T2 heavy transport helicopters, Ansat light multirole helicopters and Mi-17 military transport helicopters. Russia’s regional partners are also interested in such AD systems as the Pantsir-S1 air defense missile/gun system, Igla-S man-portable air defense system and Antey-2500 air defense system.
Russia will present a number of regionally popular military equipment designed for the armed forces and special counterterrorist and anti-corruption units. The equipment includes the VPK-233136 Tigr armored vehicle, BTR-82A and BTR-80 armored personnel vehicles, BMP-3 infantry fighting vehicles, various Kalashnikov rifles and Pecheneg Kalashnikov-designed machine-gun. Regional navies express particular interest in the Project 14310 Mirazh, Project 12200 Sobol and Project 12150 Mangust patrol boats.
Rosoboronexport’s experts also expect delegations from the regional countries to show interest in the Russian equipment designed to operate in the Arctic Region, in particular, hydrographic survey vessels.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO