JSC Rosoboronexport (part of the Rostec State Corporation) will organize a Russian display at the LAAD 2017 Latin American Defence and Security Exhibition. The exhibition supported by the Brazilian Ministry of Defense will be held at the RIOCENTRO exhibition center (Rio de Janeiro) on April 4-7, 2017.
Russia’s official delegation to the exhibition will be led by Anatoliy Punchuk, Deputy Director of the Russian Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation. Rosoboronexport’s delegation will be headed by the company’s Deputy Director General Sergey Ladygin.
“Russia considers Latin America as one of the most promising regions from the perspective of military-technical cooperation. At present Rosoboronexport competes in tenders and pursues a number of options to supply aircraft equipment, helicopters and AD systems to Argentina, Brazil, Columbia, Mexico and Peru. Regional countries have also expressed their interest in military equipment used by security forces in their war on corruption, terrorism and illegal drug trafficking”, – Sergey Ladygin said.
The joint Russian display features the stands of 4 Russia’s leading defense enterprises and occupies over 170 square meters in Exhibition Hall 3 (stand P.50). The display showcases over 350 exhibit items. Rosoboronexport will present over 180 pieces of military equipment for all branches at the exhibition in Rio de Janeiro.
Rosoboronexport’s experts believe that the best regional prospects lie with the Yak-130 combat trainer, MiG-29M multirole tactical fighter and Su-35 multirole air superiority fighter. Russian helicopters that may catch the interest of foreign customers include the Mi-28NE, Ka-52 and Mi-35M attack helicopters, Mi-26T2 heavy transport helicopters, Ansat light multirole helicopters and Mi-17 military transport helicopters. Russia’s regional partners are also interested in such AD systems as the Pantsir-S1 air defense missile/gun system, Igla-S man-portable air defense system and Antey-2500 air defense system.
Russia will present a number of regionally popular military equipment designed for the armed forces and special counterterrorist and anti-corruption units. The equipment includes the VPK-233136 Tigr armored vehicle, BTR-82A and BTR-80 armored personnel vehicles, BMP-3 infantry fighting vehicles, various Kalashnikov rifles and Pecheneg Kalashnikov-designed machine-gun. Regional navies express particular interest in the Project 14310 Mirazh, Project 12200 Sobol and Project 12150 Mangust patrol boats.
Rosoboronexport’s experts also expect delegations from the regional countries to show interest in the Russian equipment designed to operate in the Arctic Region, in particular, hydrographic survey vessels.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International